What is your job?

doing my masters and then trying to get a finance job… if they take me - tried to volunteer at ML and they rejected me… hahaha… wrong time to get into finance…

sell side research here future -strategist/PM

Institutional Sales Analyst at a large FoF shop

corporate strategy & bd. i’m doing the cfa mainly to try to open doors

fxguy1234 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what does a product manager do? slang value funds > to 401k committees?? We design new products for broker/dealers

Hey FXGuy1234, I have a few questions for you. I’m doing pretty much the same thing (Corp. Hedging). Write me an email @ brunostonge@hotmail.com (That’s not my real name…)

bad orange, I did a couple of years at CRA, but left about a year ago. Now I work for a boutique shop called Litinomics. Which office were you at CRA?

Was an equity APM for a few long only and long short funds, but laid off in January, and going back for MBA in the fall. Hadn’t planned on school until I got laid off, but decided school would be a better route than trying to find another PM job. In all likelihood, I would have had to take a step back to find a job. School seemed a better option. Now, if only I can get in since half of everyone else that has a similar background is also applying!

I’m an oil and gas engineer for a large independent upstream company. I am the guy that posts on Yahoo message boards lies about companies having blow outs on location so I can effectively pump and dump stocks

Underwriter of equity issues for growing proprietorships in emerging markets My group helps diversified sporting goods stores in Delhi raise capital in the over the counter (tan sheets) market

Unemployed Full Time MBA beginning in Aug. 99% sure on a temp position in portfolio analysis, I find out tomorrow.

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Underwriter of equity issues for growing > proprietorships in emerging markets > > My group helps diversified sporting goods stores > in Delhi raise capital in the over the counter > (tan sheets) market I think we should make a trip to meet Ananda. He posts on Pagalguy, I think we can get a hold of him (her???) there

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > relationship manager/CFP for private wealth > management. getting the designation to open more > doors other than financial planning. Nice! Nephi is a CFP too :stuck_out_tongue: also from the world of PWM. Been doing PM stuff on the trust side.

Risk analyst at a mutual fund (Investment and Op. risk with some inputs into credit risk aspects as well)

Research Associate with India’s top Industry research firm @cjones: Your must have a lot of work… aren’t private firms hardpressed for funding as banks are unwilling to lend to them?

unemployed ~ soon becoming a homeless

Junior FM at a fund management company.

Securities Valuation. Got my MFE recently. Haven’t started work yet though.

chedges Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Junior FM at a fund management company. Something I’m interested in getting into - how do you enjoy it?

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > chedges Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Junior FM at a fund management company. > > > Something I’m interested in getting into - how do > you enjoy it? Absolutely love it. It took my a while to get into, I worked in a custodian bank to begin with and then changed banks into their asset management bit. From there into the front office in a fund management company. Taking it in stages seemed to work for me.