Posting Results

Pass rates in results threads are likely positively skewed because people will be less inclined to post their results if they fail. I’d like to get commitments from people to post results regardless of the outcome. Then after the exam I’d like everyone who committed to post to post results in this thread so that I can calculate an Analyst Forum pass rate. If you fail and don’t want to post a breakout a simple ‘Fail’ will suffice. Who’s with me?

I’m in good or bad.

I posted my fail last year and will post them this year either way.

If I fail everybody here will know about it. I don’t care. I went all out.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If I fail everybody here will know about it. > > I don’t care. I went all out. same here.

God i hope i pass

Bankin’, I think the results will still be biased.

Failure is not an option¡Kbut sometimes it is the reality ƒ¼ hopefully not this time¡K That being said I will post regardless¡K

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bankin’, I think the results will still be biased. By people committing and then not posting should they fail, by the people more likely to pass more likely to commit, or something else? If someone commits and doesn’t post then I will count it as a fail, but I hope that doesn’t happen. I can’t do much about the second bias but I think it will be more accurate than the 100 people with < 5 posts throwing up a Pass.

The lurkers are the problem. All the lurker passes will show up, but you don’t know how many lurker fails won’t show.

why do you care what the AF pass rate is?

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The lurkers are the problem. All the lurker > passes will show up, but you don’t know how many > lurker fails won’t show. Right drs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > why do you care what the AF pass rate is? General curiosity

I agree…unfortunately the same analogy applies to the CFA Salary surveys… :frowning:

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The lurkers are the problem. All the lurker > passes will show up, but you don’t know how many > lurker fails won’t show. That’s exactly what I was thinking about.

freaking lurkers. lol.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The lurkers are the problem. All the lurker > > passes will show up, but you don’t know how > many > > lurker fails won’t show. > > That’s exactly what I was thinking about. But it won’t apply because I’m only going to tally the results of the people committing beforehand.

I am not trying to bash the lurkers here either (though they aren’t here to read this). I think results day is fun seeing everybody post there pass results. It might not be as fun if you have a fail though.

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > maratikus Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > mwvt9 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > The lurkers are the problem. All the lurker > > > passes will show up, but you don’t know how > > many > > > lurker fails won’t show. > > > > That’s exactly what I was thinking about. > > > But it won’t apply because I’m only going to tally > the results of the people committing beforehand. This assumes those that “committ” isn’t a biased sample. Might be a stretch.

i will post.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bankin’ Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > maratikus Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > mwvt9 Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > The lurkers are the problem. All the > lurker > > > > passes will show up, but you don’t know how > > > many > > > > lurker fails won’t show. > > > > > > That’s exactly what I was thinking about. > > > > > > But it won’t apply because I’m only going to > tally > > the results of the people committing > beforehand. > > This assumes those that “commit” isn’t a biased > sample. Might be a stretch. True, but unavoidable and surely more accurate than looking at the general results thread.