Shrink the Charter?

So I’ve got the charter – and, yes, it’s as big as everyone says. No room at the office (I work on a trading desk) to display this thing anyway, so I want to frame it and put it up in my office / den at home. Problem is that now it becomes a decorating question. My wife insists it is just too large for the wall [by the way, she also says we should petition the CFAI to let them know this thing is ridiculously large]. So she suggested we have Kinkos make a high quality reproduction and shrink it down to whatever size we like, then have the copy matted and framed for display. I think I’d then store the original until when I might have an actual office wall and display the full size one at work (enough people at any office know the charter is so huge that I wouldn’t display the shrunken one there). I’m thinking this is actually a pretty good idea.

How big is it? Maybe you should scan the charter and make tiled wallpaper for your house.

The charter can’t be shrunk. If you try it will just grow back to full size within a few hours.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The charter can’t be shrunk. If you try it will > just grow back to full size within a few hours. hahahahahah

i forwarded a link to this thread to my wife as we’ll have to figure that out too.

A co-worker of mine did it and it looks great. He had it shrunk down to about 8 1/2 x 11 and has it framed in his cubicle… Definitely an option worthwhile entertaining. Good luck!

So eh… how big is it?? 1 square meter? I honestly haven’t seen one ‘live’ yet, nobody has them in the office around here.

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So eh… how big is it?? 1 square meter? > > I honestly haven’t seen one ‘live’ yet, nobody has > them in the office around here. Approx 22in X 17in Did you get your work experience approved yet mcpass?

glendronach wrote: >A co-worker of mine did it and it looks great. He had it shrunk down to about 8 1/2 x >11 and has it framed in his cubicle… Definitely an option worthwhile entertaining. Good >luck! I have to say, as a L3 repeater for '10, I’m disappointed. I thought the charter guarantees an automatic corner office??? I feel misled.

When did you guys receive the charter? I haven’t gotten mine yet.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Approx 22in X 17in Wtf? Are you kidding? Did they print the whole syllabus on that thing?

Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Approx 22in X 17in > > > Wtf? Are you kidding? Did they print the whole > syllabus on that thing? It is almost obnoxiously large.

It doesn’t look that bad now, but I know that once you add the matting and frame it’s a bit ridiculous. Interesting that you’ve heard of it being done elsewhere. Good enough for me. Can’t see any reason not too, really. Like I said, at work everyone expects them to be huge anyway, but it would look stupid in my home office.

Can I get wallets too? That thing would look great next to my grandchildren!

CFAI has, now waiting for my local society. Luckily, they promised it would be a matter of days. > > Approx 22in X 17in > > Did you get your work experience approved yet > mcpass?

goood to see you veterans here after a long time

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The charter can’t be shrunk. If you try it will > just grow back to full size within a few hours. Quality!

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The charter can’t be shrunk. If you try it > will > > just grow back to full size within a few hours. > > > Quality! “The magic skin” by Honore de Balsac: http://www.oldandsold.com/articles22/honore-de-balzac-2.shtml

Another problem with the outrageous size of the charter is the difficulty of finding the right frame. I wanted to enclose mine in a Hello Kitty frame, in order to give the boss hysterics, but the frames don’t come that large. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Just be glad that the big challenge we face currently is figuring out what to do with an oversized charter, rather than studying for lvl 3 again.

They probably got this idea from University of Virginia, which hands out ostentatiously large degrees.