Anyone sending their work exp for approval?

I don’t have any confidence on my performance in the exam and will wait until result before sending anything to them. Anyone confidence beside skillionaire?

I will wait too

If you have the 4 years i would definitely submit prior to results b/c once results come in (and hopefully you pass) it takes a LONG time for the CFAI to start reviewing apps.

Funny you should mention this, as I just sent an email this morning asking for the link to the sponsor emails. I honestly have no clue how this process works - they’ve had my work experience in there for a while, but I guess they need to wait on my sponsors before anything actually starts happening. Getting on that ASAP.

its worth doing this …worse case scenario u/employer pays for a year of affiliate membership…

Mine’s already approved. I couldn’t stomach the idea of passing all three tests and having to wait weeks or months for my work experience to get approved before I can start using the letters.

Where do you check if previous experience submitted was approved? I sent it all in last year, but never really followed through to check…I think they are charging fees to the firm now, so I assume it was approved.

can i do i swap with u? i will give u my invoices, in return u buy me cheap liquor, fat cigar and easy women? :smiley:

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Where do you check if previous experience > submitted was approved? I sent it all in last > year, but never really followed through to > check…I think they are charging fees to the firm > now, so I assume it was approved. When you say “work experience”, was that just filling out your jobs or did that include your sponsors?

My employer doesn’t pay so I would rather wait. Anyways even if I pass, I am not going to change a job or anything so it would hardly matter in my case.

I got my experience approved right after L1. No point in waiting unless you want to save annual dues.

Boris_7 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > can i do i swap with u? > i will give u my invoices, in return u buy me > cheap liquor, fat cigar and easy women? :smiley: Easy womem you mean those who are listed on craigslist?

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Boris_7 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > can i do i swap with u? > > i will give u my invoices, in return u buy me > > cheap liquor, fat cigar and easy women? :smiley: > > > Easy womem you mean those who are listed on > craigslist? those are a lil too ‘ez’…you want the ones that play hard ball. Why can’t it be like it was way back when you could just club the girl you liked over the head drag her to your cave? Now we have all these unnecessary extra steps like ‘talking’ and ‘feelings’ to slow it down.

This is what education has ruined everything.

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Where do you check if previous experience > > submitted was approved? I sent it all in last > > year, but never really followed through to > > check…I think they are charging fees to the > firm > > now, so I assume it was approved. > > When you say “work experience”, was that just > filling out your jobs or did that include your I had the sponsors fill out the forms too. > sponsors?

Gotcha; guess I need to get on that. Thanks.

Can you submit 1 or 2 years for approval if you’re not at 4 yet? Before I get backlash for a stupid question, I ask because at least that way you can get assurance before 4 years that what you’re doing is accumulating relevant experience, plus can avoid an awkward request to a previous employer if you quit and come back later asking to get signed off for it.

sundevl21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can you submit 1 or 2 years for approval if you’re > not at 4 yet? Before I get backlash for a stupid > question, I ask because at least that way you can > get assurance before 4 years that what you’re > doing is accumulating relevant experience, plus > can avoid an awkward request to a previous > employer if you quit and come back later asking to > get signed off for it. Pretty sure the answer is “yes”. Now for another question that may be “stupid”, what are the requirements for sponsors? Can I get my old boss (not a charterholder) and my sister (charterholder) to be my sponsors? I’m researching right now, but if memory serves I can (but would love some input).

yes one CFA from local society and current manager (not sure about previous manager)

I had over 4 years work experience before signing up for level 1 - needed it as I do not have a degree. I looked into getting my sponsors back in March, and just paid my first membership dues - I figure if I pass, I can use the designation right away. If I failed, should only be one year of dues that I pay assuming I pass next year. I figured there would be a lot of applications for membership late August, and wanted to get it done. It took about a month or so to get membership approval. I don’t think they ever contacted my supervisor for verification…unless they did and he did not mention it to me (I think he would). I had to ask my local society to assist me in getting a sponsor from their society, as my supervisor is the only CFA Charterholder I know well enough to ask.