Your age

Guys,

For those who passed or failed level III in 2013, what is your age and how do you plan to use this charter for advancement in your career (those who passed)?

Me: - I am 30 and will look for Sr.Analyst role in HF industry.

1. More advanced role than I am in.

24, passed 1 and 2 on first attempts and reallyyyyy hoping just one more year of this

24, passed 1 and 2 on first attempts and reallyyyyy hoping just one more year of this

25, went 3/3. Currently a Sr. Financial Analyst at a Fortune 200, hoping for that promotion to manager soon!

29 - Sticking with my career

55 - College professor, so it helps in my classes and gets me a few more Executive Education gigs. Started in 07, and did it 3/3, but took some time off in between.

28 - currently in IT (not in Finance verticle)… want to make switch to pure Finance (PM,ER,AM) or IT + Finance combo.

Damn it. I shouldn’t have taken 3 year gap to complete the program. Would have completed in my late 20s as well.

26 & now in the risk mgmt function of a mid-sized corporate (previously from the treasury world). Working in a corporation in Canada is all about designations (silly, I know), and in this firm it’s pretty much a requirement to have some letters for a management position (or be 100 years old+). Been passed over for better spots and money by accountants over the last few years with less ability but are “more qualified.” Blame HR, blame the bosses, who cares, I just went out and got it done (pending society approval…).

So now gimme my office! :slight_smile:

22, hopefully it will help me climb the career ladder in credit/FI faster.

Turned 25 between taking 3 and getting results. Work as an analyst for a FI Asset Manager. The program helped get me my job, and will help my career going forward.

^ How is it possible? Don’t you graduate from college when you are 22?

passed level 1 and 2 on first attemp.

Finger crossed for level 3. Ahmen.

1. Really wish to break into finance. I have been doing supply chain mgmt in telecom industry, but my interest is finance since my high school.

Graduated when when I was 20. Not uncommon in some European countries. I’m actually pretty sure I wasn’t the youngest person in the room where I sat for L3 this year (NYC2).

turning 28 in november unless mayans make good on their promise :-/

This is so true. I am also 26 and live in Canada. You said it exactly right, Canada is all about the designation and CA and CFA seem to be king around here for finance jobs. Although some of our MBA programs are good, we don’t have a harvard or wharton equivalent, so it seems like most people are either CA, CFA, CMA, CBV, P.Eng etc. up here on Bay Street and virtually everybody in finance writes CFA. However, still the very creme of the crop (not me included) go to the States for the top10 MBA.

26, analyst at a HF now. Want to be a PM, hopefully at the same shop.

28, currently working in a back office role for retail financial services. Just want to get out of my current role and make more $$$. Most of my friends are hitting/breaking that 100k/yr barrier and I need to catch up.