** WARNING: You've Been Cursed... **

OK, I’ll be first to admit that starting this thread is a bit juvenile, but I’m gonna to post it anyways…

Come June, most of you will be entering the exam halls to sit for Level III in hopes that this whole ordeal will be over for good. No more worrying about sacrificed Saturdays + Sundays, lost Springtimes, stressed relationships or wasted Memorial Day Weekends, etc. And for about half of you, “the dream” will come true.

But the harsh reality is that the remaining half of you won’t – and that’s a good thing on several different levels. Not only does it keep the prestige of the charter alive, but it will also *make the entire journey that much more fulfilling* when you get to read that e-mail in August that begins with “Congratulations!”.

However, this message goes out to a special group of LIII candidates – those who I hope *never* become CFA Charterholders. (Maybe I’m a little sick and twisted in my own way, but I’d be very surprised if I was the only person who felt this way.) Of course each person will have a different reason for feeling so, but for me it would devalue the worth of the Charter if these individuals earned it as well. For whatever reason, maybe you have a dark wish for another LIII AFer that you’d like to share?..

Anyways, MissCleo and Vicky_uncool… you’ve both been cursed.

Ouch!!! These two must have really rubbed you the wrong way…

I’m happy you weren’t cursing everybody who opened this thread lol

The only people I would not want to be Charterholders are people who can take tests well, but don’t know anything about money, investing, or anyone who won’t operate with a high level of ethics and will crash the market later. Greedy, unethical scammers and fakes can all go to hell. Oh and racist, sexist pigs…other than that, I hope everybody passes:D

I’m going to curse like none other if i open a certain email in august that doesnt start with the word congratulations!

lol funny post

Didn’t you post something like this already?

Trolls only get one go at being a troll before they’re downgrade to dick status.

^you mean the post I wrote 6+ months ago, noting how the next generation of AF contributors didn’t seem to be up to par compared to some of the “greats” from 3+ years ago? Not sure how you’re drawing any parallels…

Anyways, thanks for the warning re: trolls and sorry to hear about your downgrade.

Nope, my mistake. It was a different guy, continue with the troll’n.

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91338663

Whether you love him or love to hate him, Tozerrt is right on with all of this. 100% correct.

As far as “cursing” other candidates…I don’t know about all that. I wish everybody who gets this far all the luck in the world. Even TopperHarley and RobertUCLA.

edit - but statistically speaking, either Topper or Rob will fail L3. Even after passing L2.

There are definitely a few posters that I’m amazed are on L3… but idk about wishing for failure. In all reality, if they do pass, they will probably be stripped of the charter pretty quickly for doing something stupid anyway.

I feed off this sh!t. Keep it coming

I do see where you’re coming from though. I wish the rate of growth in candidates would go through a deflationary period.

Edit: - Sorry - just a freakout post (getting close to the D-day).

Hi CMLSML,

Just curious, where does such strong resentment for me come from? We’ve never met nor exchanged words before.

For clarification, my statement (or curse, if you will) was directed to 2 specific AFers for whom I’ve grown a very strong dislike after reading so many of their “worthless” posts over the years. I already mentioned that my “dark thoughts” might be a little sick and twisted, so I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same about another AFer. (Maybe it is just me, but I would be surprised if that was so.) In the back of my mind, perhaps I feel like the caliber of one’s character should exceed a certain threshold in order to earn the Charter. Obviously that’s not the case, just how I feel.

Anyways, I hope your studies and preparation for Level III are coming along well. With utmost sincerity, I wish you good luck on exam day.