New format for results emails

I’ve read in a few places that the 2017 results emails will be simple statements of pass or fail - there will be no breakdown of scores or failure bands. Apparently, this is to reduce the amount of data in the emails so the results get out faster. Other information that used to populate the emails will be available by logging in the next day.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Well we’ll find out a week from now…

I know that, thanks.

Wasn’t really my question though, was it?

I can tell you’re full of joy. But you’re right - I’m no CFA insider. Hopefully someone can help you out.

That’s a false statement. Breakdowns will be there.

According to 300hours: Recently, CFA Institute has again changed the results format, with only a pass/fail grade sent to the email address you registered with CFA Institute on results day, and additional details published online the following day.

​The results email is now a lot shorter than what it used to be: You passed / did not pass the June/December 20XX Level X CFA exam. The pass rate for June/December 20XX Level X was XX%. If you have questions or comments, please contact us.

the leaks are real but the news is fake

Pretty sure this was due to an IT issue with Level I results from December. I bet they will have it fixed by August.

Well, I only care about pass/fail any ways. If I pass, I could care less how my matrix settled. If I fail, I will look to see where I struggled.

Don’t see any mention of a change in format here…should there be? … don’t see a mention of the email either,so cant attest one way or the other…would be a surprise if that did happen…

https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/exams/Pages/your_exam_result.aspx

CFAI web page (after login):

"June 2017 Levels I and II exam results (pass/fail only) will be emailed 25 July, after 9:00 a.m. ET. Level III results will be emailed in early August. "

“Pass/fail only” - is this what you’re talking about?

That refers to the people who sat for the exam

As long as our results “pass” or “fail” reaches us on time…can wait for the next piece of the puzzle.

If there will be a change in communication this year, makes sense they would do a trail run behind the scenes - alas the Scholarship/tell thread may have some validity after all :wink:

Maybe it’d be better if they send SMS.

…and allow the candidate to send a REPLY back with a “Y” to retabulate ?

Even after taking over 2 months (of what seems like ages), they can just come up with Pass/Fail and not send breakup! It would be a retrograde step.

SMS is a great option flashback… btw, are you and flashFwd related? :slight_smile:

We aren’t. Don’t know each other at all.

Neat… Either one of you deserve to start the official results thread of 2017.

Man! it’s almost time to begin refreshing ur inbox… phew.

Since I was always waiting about 1.5 - 2 hours for my results after 1st AF received his result, each idea to speed up the process is welcome by my side.