What's your relevant work experience?

Just curious how many level 3 candidates have or don’t have the required experience and what your occupations have been.

Since the majority of us are waiting for scores we can change the topic from the scholarship box 1 or 2 game.

6 years experience (4 in consulting and 2 in fixed income manager research)

5.5 yrs banking + 4 yrs buy side business development

2 years in accounting roles + 2 in equity research

CPA/MBA with 7 years public accounting/valuation experience.

14 years experience. Adviser/trust officer/ investment strategist for trust company. CFP, MPA. Career changer–used to run public sector programs and do agency budgets.

0 year.So little far from the target.

1 year buyside equity research

Buyside and PWM dealer experience

I do m and a on the buyside

surprised by the variance of careers here

11 years of Product Development, 4 of those years include being part of an investment committee on the buyside.

2 years FP&A analyst. I hope it’s relevant.

10 months Mutual Fund Accountant

1.5 years Corporate Financial Analyst

1 year Corporate Treasury Manager

Any thoughts on whether or not the fund accounting position will count as applicable work experience?

4 yrs - decision analysis and economic evaluation, project management, capital stewardship and org capability evaluation.

2 yrs - corp compliance, business ethics, SOX & internal audit

2 years general corporate finance, 2 years sell-side M&A

I had a colleague who was working in Fund Accounting and was able to get the experience required. I reckon if you work for a buyside shop you can work in MO or BO and still be in with a chance of having your work experience accepted.

Around 1 year as a credit analyst in a commercial bank. Still need almost 3 yrs to be a charterholder if I pass L3 this year.

I probably should have asked this before I sat for the L1 exam, does anyone know if cfa requires you to resit exams if you have not accumulated enough relevant experience in a specific timeframe?

Do not worry. No need to resit

On a separate note, how many have seen their experience rejected. I have not seen any rejection.

You can always get the affiliate type membership…Lol