Second thoughts on passing

My am went pretty well. Didn’t leave out much except a few points due to little time but i think i did not do exceptionally well for the PM one. Guessed around 14 questions in the PM one.

Now even though less than 48 hours left I cant get over the fact whether i will pass or not. Will be in on a flight due to work and so desperate to know what will happen

Right there with you, guessed on around 5 in PM and narrowed down to two on 17. I keep running different scenarios for calculations, but ultimately it’s how hard the institute sticks it to me in the AM.

It went pretty well for me too, however, thoughts that CFAI may be tough in grading makes me awake at night and destroys my confidence.

Same boat here. Did almost everything in the morning session. Guessed 4 in the PM session, and wasnt certain on around 10-12… If I consider that last year I got a band 9 leaving aprox. 3 sets empty in the AM session, I should pass… but who knows… maybe my afternoon was weaker this year…

Deleted. Repeated

same… but for me its the other way around my AM i feel was weaker than PM… Other than ethics and GIPS plus a 3 more guesses i think i got most of them. But yea thinking about my performance and trying to calculate raw scores that just sends chills down my spine and hearing and seeing retakers matrices makes it even worse.

Identity theft!!! Hahaha holy… this is EXACTLY my situation. Educated guesses on 14 in PM, will be on a flight over the atlantic, starting to get overly nervous. Lol

I’ve been so confident but when I truly think back all I remember is I left nothing blank. Lol. So I’m worried simply from the unknown. I’ll miss this feeling if I find a way to pass. Or maybe not haha

umm same here too. Best of luck to you guys

[quote=“mburger”]

Same boat here. Did almost everything in the morning session. Guessed 4 in the PM session, and wasnt certain on around 10-12… If I consider that last year I got a band 9 leaving aprox. 3 sets empty in the AM session, I should pass… but who knows… maybe my afternoon was weaker this year…

How was the PM for you last year? Any estimate on how much you guessed or got wrong

for interest when you say leaving 3 sets empty what exactly do you mean?

3 entire questions blank? or 3 entire questions you wrote some nonsense and hoped for best?

PM had 12 I was not certain on. In practice I usually got about 50/50 for these. The rest seemed good, however in practice sets found I would get about 10% wrong of the ones I thought I knew. So if that holds I got six wrong of the 12 and another 5 wrong for a total of 11 wrong in PM. That’s 82%, which is about what I feel I did last year. The AM this year was much better. I got only about 25% last year and figure about 75% this year.

writing nonsense vs leaving blank should not make a difference.

the format of some questions (sub questions) are such that it’s just not possible to get partial credit…either you know it or you don’t… I don’t see how beating around the bush will get partial points.

Did you know that to get partial credit for nonsense you should write just after the nonsense ‘please give me partial credit’. Otherwise it does not work. :wink:

I believe I have a chance of passing, i felt good about AM until i started reading that everyone on this forum felt they aced it. If i tally up the AM questions and sub-sections I got wrong it amounts to about 3 questions worth. On PM same as everyone really, one guess in every item set and but there were a lot of calculations where i wasnt sure if my calcs were right. staying off this forum until D-Day too stressful.

[quote=“Jamesl”]

My AM matrix was 7/2/1 and PM was 2/0/7 (<50 / 50-70 / >70).

From those 7 in which I got <50, 3 questions, say 8,9 and 10 were completely empty. Time management was a dissaster, 1:30 hours from the start and I was finishing question 2! Watched the clock and panicked, from then on, I couldn’t even concentrate, had to read everything twice… jumped to economics which is usually an easy topic for me and couldn’t complete anything! From worse to worse!

I must have guessed 4 in that PM session… was really confident in my PM exam, but knew it was a long shot

completely blank! 0 points, i knew I was doomed before even taking the PM exam!

the passing rate of 55% really bugs me… it sounds easy to just do better than the next guy… but then you think about these people all passed level 2 which is a tough exam and a lot of other people in the room are retakers with more experience.

what percentage really show up unprepared (10-20%?) if 55% pass that leaves 25% (1/4) people that gave an honest effort, already passed level 2… and will fail :confused:

I m not much confident about the result. Confused whether I should keep dreaming of a pass or prepare my mind how to handle another ‘regret’ email…Trying to convince my mind it doesn’t matter either way! 36 hours more…

That’s the issue-even though you know the answer, 100% credit is not guaranteed, we can miss some important keywords and that what keeps me awake at night.