CFAI Mock Exams AM/PM Scores

I wanted to see if people would be willing to post their AM/PM mock exam scores from the 2018 CFAI mocks. Curious to see where everyone else is falling out.

I got AM:68% PM:72% Avg:70%

I only took the AM so far. Got 72% (43/60).

I’ve also only taken the AM. 68%

63%am and 60% in pm. Pretty sobering experience, but skipped a few of the smaller sections entirely and hadn’t finished my EOC revision. Scored about what I expected given my study progress. I just wanted to see where I was at.

I will continue throwing myself into a brick wall head-first for the next few weeks.

Edit: this is for Level 3; can’t figure out how to change my candidate status.

72%/74%

But, still disappointed

73%/65% avg… 69% Giggity

planning to take next week

73 AM / 70 PM

what are people generally finding harder the extended response or the MC?

and im finding the TTs (the 360 qs) to be noticably harder than schweser is this the case with yall?

I would assume TTs to be harder than Schweser as Schweser seems too easy. However, there are situations where Schweser questions feel very confusing/difficult which I believe has more to do with their inability to write coherent questions than the difficulty of the questions themselves.

Going to start taking this week. Generally the mocks are a pretty fair representation of the MC on the exams. The TT questions are always brutal and seem a level above exam questions in my experience from level one and two.

Now taken the PM. Got 80% (48/60).

did you guys feel crunched on time on this mock? Will attempt it this week.

No. I finished each half in around 2:15 so had ~45 minutes left over in each.

Essay sections, on the other hand, are pretty tricky to manage time on. :frowning: I’m getting better at it, and I’ve never had to leave something blank due to time, but I’m definitely still writing inside of 1 minute left on the timer. :frowning:

Boy, these official mock MC for whatever reason i felt are trickier and harder than EoC/Online MCQs or even the AM questions…

Like insurance, AIs etc- they are testing stuff in so much minutae - i don’t even recall reading it, but when i go back to txtbook, i am like ok yeah i know, but so much qualitative.

Hats off to you folks >70% !

you guys are in top percentile, unless this is the avg level, then i m for sure completely screwed!

72%AM / 70%PM

Took the CFAI mocks this weekend. AM section felt really good. PM not so much. Hit submit on the PM section expecting to see something in the 50s - 60s. Probably had the guessing gods smiling upon me.

Essay review time…

Hi Guys

I thought the CFAI 2018 mock on the website was multiple choice only? Is there also an official AM essay mock for 2018?

Additionally, how have you guys been doing in the AM past papers?

Thanks

No, just the past 3 years of AM essays.

The scores on AM sections are subjective so there’s less accuracy and therefore less meaning in the score relative to the MC sections.

That said, I’ve done 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, and 2017 AM sections already. Will do 2015 this weekend.

I took 2012 casually to learn the question style, but the rest were in the 3 hour time window, and I’ve scored usually in the high 60s to mid 70s on all of them. Only one I know by heart is 2017 which I took yesterday and scored myself at 133/180; the others weren’t as good but still decent.

I’ve also done Schweser mock exams 1 and 2; the essays on those are less clear in places which makes them tricky but they are still not too bad and I believe I was in mid to high 60s on both. (Would need to check).

Have you been doing the Fixed Income questions in these papers or leaving them out? They are look largely irrelevant to this years curriculum.

I’ve been doing them. There are some parts that are still relevant and worth doing. But there are definitely some that I look at and don’t know how to solve using CFA material. I tend to give those a best effort and move on.

I would recommend that you at least attempt them, since 1) some questions will be relevant and 2) it will more accurately reflect the time pressure you’ll feel on the remaining questions (which I’m discovering is a huge factor in the AM section).