SHARE YOUR RESULTS !

Hey buddies, Very happy to have passed this level III ! Morning session was so hard I totally doubted this outcome. I was well above the 90% percentile for the 3 most important subjects (60% + exam); but was totally destroyed on other topics ; so happy to have survived level III, with some wounds To me, level III was the most complicated due to the Essay and the way the topics are examed. What about you? Success ? Awesome scoring ? Disappointed? What are you feelings guys? Wish you a great next step, Alex

Last year I failed on band 6, this year went all in and have absolutely smashed it. For those who didn’t pass - keep plugging! Knowledge builds up year on year and its worthy!

Hoping to stick around the forum, it has been helpful and people like S2000 and a few others areEXTREMELY helpful to clear a lot of doubts. So big thanks to them and this forum overall :slight_smile:

Passed with over 90th percentile, 5 essay categories over 70, 2 between 50 and 70. I was not so sure about PM but PM is over 90th percentile overall. Thank you for everyone who have helped me on this forum!

2/3/2…PASSED!

Fruitful 2.5 years!

After 3 years, I passed!! :slight_smile:

Failed. Essays about 40% and item sets about 67%.

By topics: AI, RM &D 53%, BF, PW & IPM 58%, Econ &AA 44%, Equity 61%, Ethics 75%, FI 38%, T,M,Perf&GIPS 40%.

Average: 53.14%.

Check: (40+67)/2 = 53.5%, close.

Have to learn how to write essay type answers an relearn weak areas. Will resit in 2019. Congratulations to all who passed. :slight_smile:

Just calculated average passing score, if 56% passed and mean was about 59.5%, passing should be about 61 - 62 %. So I am currently short of 7-9%. Mostly in essays.

Of that approximate 8% shortfall: about 3.4% are in Economics and Asset Allocation, 2% in Trading, Monitoring, Performance management and GIPS, 1.7% in Fixed Income and 1.3% in Alternative investments, Risk management and Derivatives.

Started the program more than 10 years ago and had to stop because I had kids. Re-started last year and finally passed. Verylong journey that is now ending.

Haha awesome. Congratulations. Feel sorry for you vtik; essay is definitively a punch in the face. Wish you great success in the future

gut wrenching, my score is literally on the minimum passing score which tells me I was matter of 1-2 marks and that one morning blank one came to hunt me. I did way worst on my PM than thought which means fell for every trick I guess…I am not sure if I have it in me to do this, saw the 56% pass rate and thought I passed for sure…but got crushed when seeing those damn regret words.

Passed but barely - almost 1 mm above the MPS! I’d say 45-47% in AM and 75% in PM. Jesus loves me, I guess!

Failed. Devastated to see my line just below the mps. Probably a band 9 or 10. Topics wise it’s 3/1/3.

I thought I managed to pull it off but got a slap in the face.

I know I will resit as i still want those three letters behind my name, but probably can’t muscle the strength till September.

To all those who failed, let’s crush this in 2019 once and for all. I don’t want to do this a third time.

Failed. Band 9 last year and this year it looks like 9 or 10.

Such a bummer to see that I didn’t score great in the afternoon, considering I did very well last year in that area. I figured my improved essay portion would push me over the edge.

So close but really don’t know if I can study for this a 3rd time…

Huge props to those who passed.

I’m in the same boat. I failed this year for the 2nd time and don’t know about attempting it again…

#youCANdoit

Passed, ~78-80% essay, 73-75% item set

~75% Alts/risk/derivs

~85%+ Behavioral Finance/Private wealth/institutional port

~80% Econ/Asset Allocation

70% Equity Investments

~56-58% Ethics

68-69% Fixed income

72-73% Trading/Performance/GIPS

Hey congrats! Fixed income seems to have been quite a tricky topics for more multiple candidates; Many thanks for all the Answers Masters such as Magician; so many helpful guys on this forum, I paid for the first time a membership to Magician website and even if I barely used it because of lack of time, it helped me on one very serious subject so anyway: it was my way of saying thanks to the Dude.

Failed. Looks like 47-49% essay, 55-60% PM. Definitely felt that I did better on the PM section, but it is what it is. I used CFAI material and LevelUp and went into the exam feeling very confident/well prepared…So discouraging to say the least. Definitely didn’t manage time well enough in the morning, but expected a better PM score. Not sure if it’s worth another try given my efforts.

Congrats to all who have passed! This is my second unsuccessful attempt at level III (2017 and now 2018). Comparing year over year my score really didn’t improve much which leads me to believe I should probably consider not taking the exam again. If anyone was in a similar position please share your thoughts. Thank you in advance!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15_uILqDqO1TRncqSKm4mhiBG5CViq4dd

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kj1OMc8buimhTAGDoUD-m4SlvVZfEWGR

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14n3FtwDMA_GMi7P-clLLj6NqohUGHC5X

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HslZoN-CDenDSBVo4t7-sdX2VZgcBwUb

I failed, 1 mm below the MPS, I’d say 45% in am and 72% in PM. Jesus hates me, I guess!

Actually, I ran out of time leaving 15-18% blank in am, I am idiot. :frowning_face:

i failed too, ran out of time in am. retaking kills me :sob: