Anyone recommends IFT for June 2019?

Hello Everyone,

A big Congratulations to everyone who passed the level 3 exams today. Really happy for you all. Please I need advice on the best third party prep material to use because I am about to purchase IFT premium package but then almost everyone that passed level 3 today on the forum recommends Levelup. I passed level one and two on first sitting in 2017 and 2018 and I want to Ace level 3 in 2019 on one sitting too especially since I will be working fulltime going forward. IFT or Levelup? Why Levelup over IFT? Why IFT over levelup?

Thanks in advance

I promote LevelUp alot but I will admit that I’ve heard a lot of great things about IFT as well. Marc at LevelUp will provide you A LOT of material to cover for the exam and it sounds like IFT does something similar.

ok thank you 1team1dream. i also used IFT for level one and two as well which was really good. I was just confused on the levelup reviews today. thanks.

I used IFT for all three levels and completed all three on my first attempt. Not sure about LevelUp but if I did fail I would read the curriculum abit more. I relied solely on IFT videos and did not read the curriculum much.

IFT is the sole reason I cleared Level II. Isn’t LevelUp like 1400 bucks? That’s like double what IFT is for their premium package. I was going to try LevelUp since it is focused specifically on LIII and people rave about it but where is the value for double the price? Maybe I am missing something…

I used IFT while going through the curriculum since his videos are based on CFA. IT helps you to understand and complete readings faster.I then joined LevelUp bootcamp which was like…a revision of all concepts plus it gives a great idea as to how to answer am questions

Their videos are good for explanation/review.

Do use them and do all the mocks with EOC questions and review blue box examples. Also use the CFA Online Q bank.

I usually did not do mocks and wrote extensively on essay type questions in AM. I flunked as a result as I left a lot of questions unanswered due to bad time management.

This time I wrote in a concise manner to the point answers and the CFA Q bank plus the mocks/EOC questions helped me a lot in clearing my concepts.

Do the above and you will pass.

P.S: Do not forget to sleep before the exam.

I refer IFT for Fixed Income and Asset Allocation.

Pro: they are sticking to Curriculum, so if you have some trouble in understanding Examples or some areas, it would help.

Cons: they just read through some contents without explanation.

I would say IFT is a good supplement if you can read Curriculum by yourself and use Curriculum as key review materials.

To Ali Asad. I didn’t sleep at all the night before exam…

Used IFT material and the CFAI material (EOC, Online Mocks, Past AM Mocks) exclusively. I cannot recommend it enough. And yes, I went 3 for 3 in 18 months!. There is no magic bullet, but if you put in the time you cannot beat IFT for those that rely on self-study alone.

I passed using IFT for level 2 and 3. I pretty much solely used it and didn’t read any pages from Schweser or CFA books. IFT is more than sufficient to get you over the line. Highly recommend. Plus Arif is a straight up G and knows his stuff inside out

I cannot stand Indian accents, so Arif is a big problem for me. Will give IFT a shot though

Thank you Everyone. Having read your comments, I wil definitely stick to IFT which I find very helpful as usual. Thanks alot.

Listen to it on 1.5x speed

He knows so much for sure! I’ll be using him for LIII.

He is from Pakistan, not India. So we are talking Urdu vs. Hindi (I don’t speak either and not from there). He has undergrad from Dartmouth in engineering and MBA from Booth Chicago. Brilliant. I passed level II on a first try thanks to his videos. And have you tried studying a foreign language in your life or taken a geography class for that matter? #justchecking

IFT is hands down awesome.

Highly recommend at least 1.3x speed while listening to him.

I listened to some FI videos at 1x speed.

Aside BB and EOCs, you didnt read the curriculum at all?! Just IFT vids?

I thought it was from Brown but damn, Dartmouth and Booth MBA, even better!

Is the sam person/instructor doing all 3 levels?

IFT videos are excellent. I used his Videos along with schweser notes for all the 3 levels.