CFAI official 2019 mock

Just downloaded it but realized that both AM and PM are multiple choice questions. Did I miss the memo on this? I thought the mock’s AM part was constructed response.

They just provide one mock which is MC only. Essays are utilized from prior real exams

70%

Just completed the AM part and got 70% as well. Really, really surprised. I found it very difficult and had only maybe 10 questions on which I could have bet my life on. The other questions had at least 2 answers that could have been correct at a first glance. Going to do the PM part later today.

Felt the same way about the AM, despite scoring well also.

I got 75%. I can’t believe I scored so well. Definitely the most difficult exam I have taken so far on LVL3.

There weren’t too many questions where I was 100% sure to know the answer.

Got 72% on the PM. In general, very few calculations, straight-forward questions. If the exam is going to be anything like this, I might die out of an heart attack waiting for the results.

How many practice exams have you guys taken so far?

I’ve done the 2010-2018 AMs, 4 MM Mocks, 6 Schweser 2018 PMs, and the CFAI 2019 mock.

Going to do the Boston mock next weekend.

I will be hitting the cfai mock on tuesday and will report back.

I’ve done 2007-2018 AM, Fin Quiz AM, IFT AM (approx 3 half exams)

IFT PM (approx 3 half exams) and topic tests twice

Will be doing Fin Quiz PM tomorrow, CFA am on tuesday and CFA pm on wednesday.

Then probably re-doing 2007 to 2018 am exams again.

Let me know how you find the Boston exam.

where do I find the CFAI mocks from 2007 - 2018? please help someone

The 2015-2018 ones are on the CFAI website under candidate resources.

The rest I found by googling, I think they were on reddit.

There is a link on analyst forum where someone saves 1999 to 2017, if you search for it

I just scored a 61% on the AM CFAI official mock after scoring a 85% on the multiple choice of a Schweser MC…anyone else seeing that large of a discrepancy? IMO it’s not worth taking as it will just stress you out. It doesn’t feel like what the actual exam will be like.

I didn’t find it as easy as you did. I got 65% (AM was 65% too). This mock was a mockery of my preparation with so many non-core questions, long and wordy vignettes, and lack of coverage of quant concepts. I also pretty much guessed all the answers to the current hedge vignette, and got my bum handed to me in Ethics (as always). I kind of redeemed myself towards the end with FI (83%) and GIPS (100%), but during the first half I was thinking I’m probably about to see a 50% and it’ll be time to go hang myself.

I scored 73% on the PM. Which incidentally is one of my higher marks. So I’m not quite doing jumping jax over here.

We still have time to get those marks up.

How did you like the FinQuiz AM mocks? I am in the middle of one now and they feel almost like Blue Box problems in the CFA text. They are full of steps to get to an answer but then go into all the other combinations/variants of a topic. The first AM Q5 is a perfect example. “Construct a derivatives overlay using each of the 4 choices put forth.”

It’s helpful because it’s a lot of review, but not very exam like IMO.

I only can find 1 Mock exam from CFAI and som previous essay questions but no complete exams with the afternoon section? is this correct? thanks in advance amigos

just got stomped over by these mocks!