OK, what's the verdict? L3 Post exam discussion 2019

How do you feel after the test?

For me, AM was a real confidence booster. Felt like a champ at the break. I think I’ll get at least a 75%. PM was a beast for me though. Had several questions where i could eliminate one of the 3 options and had to coin flip. Would guess a 60% on PM, so a little nervous.

sat level 3 this year, not for the first time. two previous attempts both at band 10. this year i’m not confident either,

55% AM, 65% PM - expecting band 10 again and feeling extremely low.

if I get through, it will be a miracle and would be by the tiniest of margins.

Feeling pretty good. Managed to finish AM with 30mins to go. Wasn’t confident on one sub question and made the best educated decision I could.

PM I nailed it and only a few educated guesses. I thought it was extremely fair. I counted 45 questions I was sure on.

I just hope I didnt miss key info in the morning session.

AM was very straight forward but did require some expanded thinking and reasoning. Finished in 2:15 and predicted around 85-87%.

PM was more difficult than expected. They phrased and presented questions in a way i’ve never seen. Had to really dig deep. I think it was filled with traps. I changed at least 6 answers after reviewing the text and spotted the traps. Finished in 2 hours and spent rest of time reviewing. Prediction is 80%.

AM was good. Felt really confident coming out.

And PM neutralized that confidence. I have now become an expectation neutral strategy.

You think that’ll be enough to pass?

Hard to say, they could make MPS 85%!

some people really try hard to feel better about themselves lol

I feel 45% AM, 85% PM.

PM was a piece of cake. Really easy.

However, I fucked up with time-management at AM. Simply didn’t have enough practice with hand-writing.

I think I’m over 50% on AM… under 70%…

over 75% on PM though.

I think everyone here suffers from overconfidence bias. Either in knowledge of the material or your own evaluation of your own scores.

I have NO clue!

Miracles do happen :slight_smile: In my both level 3 attempt I could not finish last full question due to lack of time. Was feeling very low after coming out from exam, but I did pass on second attempt.

What’s everyone’s opinion on this? Correlation between your actual score and how well you think you did?

Based on my AM mocks, the correlation for me is about 0,5 but approx 0,02 for pm/multiple choice questions.

Someone on reddit says they have a friend who left 3 questions completely unanaswered and still passed.

That was me in here as well. I had two friends do last year and both barely passed and PM was high

i dont think people suffer from overconfidence bias…it’s just that theyre confident in what theyve done after all the efforts theyve put in…im not saying im one of those, i wish i were ( i was racing against time in AM)

Kudos to those who can really say to themselves that they are sure to pass.

You guys are crazy for thinking 70-80s for the morning. 90th percentile last year was mid 60s. I think they give a lot less partial credit that we hope they do.

I’m a third time re-taker. Felt the morning was tough but fair. Spent a lot of study time getting the timing down for the morning since that is as hard as the curriculum. Afternoon was also real tough, with a few questions that looked like they forgot to provide enough info… I’m sure it was there and I just didn’t read some footnote when studying…

I felt confident just like last time when I failed by a slim margin. You can’t know with this test. Good luck to all.

That’s like the youtube chick who said she studied 4 weeks and passed 3/3. I checked her name in the charterholder database, and she wasn’t lying about the charter. Not sure about the 3/3 or 4 weeks. All I know is there’s no way I can put myself through a 24/7 grind over a month. I’d go crazy and probably hang myself.

Well, in either case, I’m still an anxious wreck.

that makes the two of us…cant stop thinking about the exam after that horrendous day