Retabulation - Should I Consider It?

I got my result and it was on the bother line (mostly between 67-68%).

<50% in Ethics (10th Percentile)

<50% Fixed Income (slightly above the 10% percentile)

<50% Equity (Most likely 5th percentile): I didnt have time to attempt it in the AM session, only attempted it in the PM session

<=70% Derivatives & Alternative

>70% Economics & Asset Allocation (below 90th percentile)

>70% GIPS & Portfolio Monitoring (100th percentile)

<70% Behavioural Finance, Individual & Institutional (around 65th percentile)

There is no way I’ll score below 50% in Ethics not to talk of 10th percentile

Also, I cant imagine myself scoring below 50% in Fixed Income (slightly above the 10% percentile

The score for Ethics and Fixed Income are not up, I think the CFAI goofed in this case.

I need your honest advice before submitted my request for retabulation.

Thank you

Post image of your score sheet, then we’ll know hiw close u are. Essay has a chance of better score, if your handwriting is messed up and grader human error , maybe u wrote something that wasn’t seen by a grader. Itemset score wont change.

How will I attach the result here?

I am in a similar situation and struggling here. More than 70 percentile for the PM session. AM r the lowest 10 percent. Marks all seem similar to a friend who passed except FI extremely low. Not sure if worth trying. Did anyone actually be able to score better in the AM after Retabulation?

I too am shocked at my AM score. Was expecting far more than what I got. Will consider a retab

Is anyone aware of a retabulation request swinging a result? My results are nearly identical to the original poster, with exception to Ethics which I faired better (>50%). I always thought this was simply a huge cash grab by CFAI… funny how things change when you’re on the other side of the bubble.

Please keep in mind that your AM section will not get re-graded: “The retabulation process only confirms that your scores are recorded and totaled correctly.”

https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfa/exam/retabulation

To add on, My instructor at Kaplan said every answer gets cross checked by another marker.

I was gonna get a retab last year. Read a bunch of posts, sat on that thought a few days, then decided to donate $100 to a charity to get closure and moved on.

retab just counts the points. dont waste your cash

I am 100% certain I cant score below 50% in Ethics and Fixed Income, especially Ethics which was even in the 10th percentile.

The above is the rationale behind my thinking of retabulation

go for it then…

if you think its worth it, go for it

or it will keep haunting you for a long time

do the retab.

$100 is peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

I have never failed ethics before and I teach it at CFA Level 1 and 2 classes, my students don’t fail ethics classes, not to now talk of me. I am just disturbed right now.

Retabulation is just a way for companies to earn money. Dont’ waste your bucks.

To the OP: I’m from the same country as you, and I will advise that you just approach this result with an open mind. Truth is that there is a possibility that you fell for traps and this year’s fixed income and ethics were hard, even though I got way above 90th percentile on ethics. I studied really hard for fixed income, and still had <50% on it. That fixed income was really hard, so when you say you were so sure of it, it tells me you did not really grasp the difficulty of the questions. I failed L3 last despite having felt I prepared but the truth was that I was not at the required level. I thought I aced AM and behavioral but it seems I aced PM as I just had about 55% on AM.

I won’t recommend. I went that route last year. Only if you wanted some closure but don’t expect much out of it

Tell you what… why don’t you give me half the money you were going to pay for a retab, I’ll kick you in the nuts, and we’ll call it a day!

#VegasVacation

Waste of time and money. Start preparing for next year like Chinese do.

Oga, here’s what to do: Enter a reminder in your calendar to submit the retabulation request two weeks from now.

Chances are by that time, the disappointment will have subsided somewhat, and you’ll be able to make a more rational decision.

The retabulation fee is a donation to CFAI.