Need a Ruling - Briefcases

What’s the consensus?

Vs Boxercases?

More seriously, it depends a bit on what and how much you carry? Do you carry a laptop a lot? Reading material? A tablet or iPad?

I have a Victorinox bag that works nicely, and a few years back I was looking at briefcases and I waited for Numi to leave an opinion. Numi said Tumi, as I expected, but he also mentioned Victorinox.

I decided to hold off on a more expensive breifcase, but when I saw a nice Victorinox bag at Filene’s Basement, I jumped on it and have been pretty happy with it. I did see some nice cases while I was looking around, though, particularly at a leather shop on Madison Avenue… I forget where, but I walked in as I was waiting for the bus, somewhere around 50th st. Gorgeous stuff, but expensive as heck (what else does one expect on Madison Ave, though).

Depends on which category you fall under: Gen X or Y

Yes to X

No to Y

Using my above logic bchad is an X

One of my favorite bits about Gen-X:

http://gizmodo.com/5851062/generation-x-is-sick-of-your-bullshit

Do you travel to client meetings and such? If not, it seems like not many people will notice your briefcase as a fashion accessory and you should choose something utilitarian.

I’ve had it with all these satchles, backpacks, etc… just different forms of wimpy man purses. Nothing is more baller than a rigid, inflexible, bulky briefcase. Bonus if you get it in silver to make it look like your carrying something really high profile or dangerous.

I carry a satchel for my books/papers that I carry around. Only problem is that it absolutely destroyed the lining to my winter coat, twice.

And handcuffed to your wrist, obviously.

And a blinking led. Remember someone stole your lunch the other day, CvM? Nobody will ever mess with your stuff again if your silver briefcase has a blinking led.

I can’t think of a better way to guarantee getting mugged.

Well, they can’t take your briefcase if it is handcuffed to your arm. Unless of course they cut off your arm…

Put a biohazard sticker on the side and you should be fine.

I’m a gen-Y and like briefcases, but I don’t use one because I feel like you have to “earn” it. I’m a junior, but will probably carry one when I get to the senior level or something.

Just to carry a magazine, ipad, portfolio, calculator/pens/etc. I’ve got a messenger bag but it feels too casual friday for me.

Will post story later. Fuggin busy!

I’m a function over form kind of guy, so I use my laptop case as my briefcase if I’m bringing my laptop. If I’m sans laptop, I have a nice soft sided leather briefcase. As often as not though, I’ll just go with a zippered portfolio.

Wifey gave me a badass briefcase she bought in Italy a couple of years ago, but I use it mostly as a glorified lunch box.

Is the briefcase related to the press talk?

^ I think you nailed, bchad. We need a last-minute emergency intervention from numi and other AF fashion experts. We can’t send one of us out there in front of the press in less than a top attire.