Not only do they dominate CFA exams

http://www.aapt.org/physicsteam/2013/upload/2013-Semi-Finalists.pdf

A quarter of those kids are from the SF Bay Area. No wonder Blake is such a boss.

Not to stir up old wounds from an old thread, but…

After looking at the data, it’s hard NOT to believe that Asians/Indians/Jews are smarter than us regular ol’ white American boys. Does anybody have any data to support of disprove that? Are they smarter, do they work harder, or is it a combination of both? Or is it just a cultural thing? (EG - do they believe in working 10 hours a day, which gives them an extra 2 hours of “practice” over the average American?)

All you can deduce from this is that some ethnic groups put more emphasis on academics than others.

When Johnnie Smith and Dwayne Martin were busy playing football, Mr Wong, Mr Patel and Mr Bernstein were in the library.

The Asians and Indians that come over to the US are usually highly educated and skilled in STEM fields. So their kids have that talent, and simply put their parents demand that they perform well in school. They did not come to this country so their kids could screw around.

The poor people in Asia also value academics. In my year, the #1 student in my country’s national exams was the son of a noodle cart owner.

Everything revolves around how big you D is . Hence why asians are at the top of the list and (generally speaking) blacks are at the bottom. I guess for women, it revolves around overall attractiveness. The better looking you are, the less emphasis you put into studies and vice versa. This statement, of course, is made in a jokingly manner but I’m sure some truth holds to it.

This is wrong on so many levels…

Yes I figured that - a dicey, heated debate is always appreciated on a boring day. If the board finds this humor offensive and improper, I won’t be offended if they take it down.

^ Yeah, pretty much.

Main driver IMO is education of parents. In UK for example, Indians don’t do as well as Indians in US, who are from more educated families and came to work in STEM.

Same goes for Asians from places like SE Asia - Vietnam etc, they are not as educated as Jews,Chinese or Indians, and I’m pretty confident they’re academically worse off.

how big your d*ck is? Asians are at the top of the size chart? ok

The (East) Asian stereotype is well known, but also take a look at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6161691.stm. So Indians are in the same boat or Indians are more honest when answering polls :slight_smile: I’ve trouble believing that the average Mr Whiteboy Pencildick is better endowed than an average Asian.

Wasn’t too long ago that the average calorie intake recommendation was 3000, then when the doctors actually started measuring it, it came down over a century to 2000, and IMHO it’s still too much. Maybe that will also happen to the “international” condom standards.

I didn’t get a top IB position from undergrad so i’ve long removed, via rusty hacksaw of course, my goods. I assume, given the fact that you all are contributors on AF as opposed to WSO, that you all have done the same as well.

I’m a brotha with a big D, and I approve the above statements.

mehbe you are just a D with a big brother

I saw a study that asked american high school students a few questions.

One being: what determines your success?

They distinguished between two groups: native-born students and foreign born students

they found the majority of native students said “the teacher” or “the school”

they found the majority of native students said “hard work” or “studying”

He meant negative correlation with your D and positive with attractiveness

If CFAvsMBA approves, then we can debate this without all the PC BS.

This really isn’t a racial debate its more of applying stats. No homo, but i wonder how many people on this forum would be taking the exam if they were gifted with 9+?

I think you need to get out more (or hang in different social circles). There is no shortage of good looking people who are pretty serious about their academics and have rusty-saw approved backgrounds.