If You Had a Time Machine...

First, let us relax the usual assumptions in a conversation like this and avoid obvious caveats like, “A would impact B in so many different ways, so it is impossible to say…” – let’s try to narrow it down.

If you could go back in time and change the flow of your life by changing one key decision, what would it be? In hindsight, what is the one thing that you walk around with a chip on your shoulder about in life that, with your knowledge now, you knew you could have done better (if you have a chip at all)?

Please share details and circumstances. Here is mine – with my SAT scores, I could have gone to a much better college. Only problem is, I didn’t really have any guidance at the time from anybody that knew what the f*$k was up.

Had it not been for my pushing parents I would have gone to a medical university and become a doctor (most porbably surgeon). Yes, I would not study finance at all.

I learnt the lesson and now when I make choices in life I only listen to myself and what my heart tells me is right. Btw a strong lesson.

I would print out the largest lottery payout winning numbers. and years of stock market data.

you can figure out the rest.

I’d make sure Biff didn’t get anywhere near it.

Part two was crap

I would make the film Primer before anyone else could.

Maybe I’m still too young – but I can’t think of any decisions I’d redo. Things are going fine as is :slight_smile:

[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmCjhEa20lE]

I would have not been such a wuss and taken more chances.

Would be nice to know ahead of time which members of my family were completely untrustworthy.

Would not change anything. Regret is unhealthy.

Even though I have made alot of very bad decisions I would change nothing, I am happy with the way things turned out.

I think living in regret is emotionally destructive and completely useless, because you can’t change the past.

Would have gone to music school for piano, instead of going to a useless art school when I was a kid.

I’m not seeing the difference?

I am much more into music now, and I regret not receiving the basic music education. Not as a trade skill of course, but something i could be doing casually for myself.

Considering my dad is an ex musician (albeit not professional) I blame him for being flaky and not pushing me hard enough.

Ever thought youd say the same about painting in your new future?

Would you still have purchased and financed at five years and 6% that salvage title jalopy you found in Kansas?

I would have started a CFA focus internet forum before this niche was taken. Talk about rolling in money. I would have called it something like “Analyst Discussion” or “Financial Forum”. Can’t think of any other good names.

Fair enough. But I knew that I will never be into it way before I even finished the school. Although there was always a possibility of course.

By that time it was too late to switch because the music school program was very rigid in Russia. If you don’t start by certain age, you don’t start at all

would’ve grown a neck beard and spent my days talking about fapping on the internet… oh wait

(btw I dont have a neck beard)