Manscaping - how much/how often?

I do a complete shave about once a month. My ideal look is about two weeks of growth, so if I know I’m going to be showing that region in public, I take it all off (no pun intended) a couple weeks before.

I shave my face and that is it.

When it is socially acceptable to have body hair on arms, chest, legs and pits, it is unfathomable why you would choose to shave it.

Men shaving their armpits - where have all the cowboys gone.

I shave my face but that’s all. I don’t have a very hairy chest nut wouldn’t shave it even if I did. As for the goods, I do shave the dangly bits with a blade but the region surrounding it I’ll just trim with an electric. This is mostly due to the current ladies preferences though. Normally I might trim it once every few months.

What’s the consensus on downstairs? Shaved, trim or full on bush?

That’s pretty fecked up, man. I would never ever want a blade next to my balls… feels like someone’s kicking me in the balls just thinking about the idea.

For safe, clean manscaping, I recommend this. Perfect for torso, pubes, armpits.

Hacksaw talk!!

I tried trimming downstairs with a hacksaw once, blood everywhere. It wasn’t pretty.

I trim the face, and the Mr Happy region. Like woody said, generally because it’s what the ladies want. Although I now prefer it, much better to have less hair down there when it’s hot as shit. Used to shave it, and I was told that when the 5 o clock shadow appears, and you’re hopping on the good foot and doing the bad thing, it hurts them. So, now I trim.

Did a complete nether region shave a couple days ago. Planning to go to a n%de beach next weekend so the growth will look just about right by then.

Yeah, if were some punk doing mystery method I might consider this bs.

Nope, I’m ugly and harry. And Rich. Oops one trumps the others.

A FB friend posted this and it seemed relevant/interesting to this discussion. It’s more about female waxing, but there’s some overlap in topics…

(Possibly NSFW: Language)

http://the-toast.net/2013/07/02/all-you-can-say-about-pubes-online/

^^ If it’s NSFW, can you summarize it then?

3 questions - 1.) Why would you be showing that region in public?

2.) Where will you be showing that region in public?

3.) Are you male or female? (I’m guessing male–not many chicks hang out at the WC)

#1 is out of curiosity. #2-3 are to make sure that I don’t go (or DO go, if you’re a chick) to see your “region”.

That was entertaining haha

I stand by girls shaving though - last thing I want to down there is a big ol bush.

What’s the word on back hair? Mine looks like Sonny from the Godfather.

I get my back waxed. It’s the only way to go.

The most creepy hair is ass hair. The thing is, you are not used to the fact that it is there, since you cannot see your own and you can’t see other people’s unless they present themselves in a certain way. So, in addition to being associated with the ass, the hair is creepy because it is always like a surprise.

Hard to summarize, it’s a bunch of people giving their opinion on whether to shave/wax down there or not. There’s not a lot of consensus, but the things that they bring up are at times funny, at times gross, and at times both. It’s interesting to see the range of opinions.

My preference (at least for women) is for it to look neat. I’m not a huge fan of the completely bald look, though I prefer it to the “tropical jungle” look. I’m more of a fan of the “landing strip,” since it clearly says “cared for” and “not-pre-pubescent” at the same time.

My GF requested that I trim, so I do periodically. Fortunately, she doesn’t insist on a close shave or anything like that.

I agree that landing strip looks nicer. It’s a better option since it hurts the same amount as regular bikini.

Hmm… If I had to request one thing from a guy, it would be shaving underarms at least once a week… Everything else I can live with…

^I would never be with a woman who asked me to shave underarms.

^Of all places to make such a request its underarms? My girl used to be always on my case to shave my face bc it hurt her “delicate skin”.

I dunno - it’s what I’d want. Is it really that much to ask?

FWIW I love 2-3 days unshaved face