Manscaping - how much/how often?

gotta shave down under…plus it makes you look bigger MAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

last thing i want is for her to be flossing her teeth down there instead of taking care of business

Nearly all pro basketball player shave their pits.

I agree. And most guys do that anyway. Not so much with the armpits…

I’m a fan of the landing strip for women, although I call it a racing stripe. I personally trim, not shave, my pits and man parts periodically for comfort. Making my man parts look bigger is certainly a plus as well that factors into the decision.

That would work too actually. Sometimes I see it on some guys (usually in the overheated crowded subway car right up my face) so long you can literally bride it. I think that’s what grosses me out…

This is slightly difficult. I wouldn’t say that I wouldn’t change a behavior for a woman. However, a change in behavior would need to have some sort of rational basis (perhaps she does not like the smell of my breath in bed in the morning and asks that I floss at night instead of in the morning) or pass a cost/benefit test (is it worth changing this behavior to keep dating this girl). Girls have their own issues about shaving all sorts of parts of their bodies, and I don’t see any reason why I should be part of it. I have never told a girl to shave or not shave anything or even whether I prefer her to shave or not shave anything. I find something very distateful about girls who would demand or expect a man to do it for them. If anything, it is a signal that I could expect she wants me to further emasculate myself in the future. THAT is what doesn’t pass the cost/benefit test.

Less important stuff: Men trimming pubes at least has some rational basis behind it. If they do it, they will get more blowjobs and it makes it look bigger. Along the same lines, men often do things to make themselves more attract to all types of women. A friend of mine had his incredibly thick back hair lasered off recently (I can’t recall hearing a woman say she likes back hair, but it does sometimes happen). This approach requires no further upkeep (IMO, waxing can be emasculating because it requires upkeep) and was not done for a specific woman (IMO, would have been emasculating). If he had his chest hair also removed, I would have made fun of him mercilessly, as that is emasculating. Alternately, swimmers shave a bunch of different places, but it’s for competition in sport (so therefore not emasculating). Similarly, if the reason to shave armpits were that your man had a serious smell problem, then that might be something to consider. These are both rational bases for changing ones appearance. But I wouldn’t shave my armpits to make myself attractive to all women. It’s not necessary. So why do it for an individual one.

I perhaps didn’t phrase it well. I would never “request” anything or even mention it. What I meant above was more of: “If I get one wish that would be it”. That said, if you love the man, you just love him despite his hairy back:) I hear you on the armpit argument, but the smell issue is very common – simply because hair creates this additional surface for the sweat to stick on to. Btw (artificially) bare chest on a guy is the big turn-off imo.

Yes, women (from what I’ve read on other forums) are agonizing about this issue as well, trying to guess what men prefer. Especially divorced women entering the dating scene after many years… Someone put the rumor that bare is the new normal and freaked them all out…

landing strip is awesome, bare is good too. Biggest turn off for me is anything above the lip. A lot of my western euro girls fail to take care of this and it throughly annoys me.

Don’t think I will be shaving my armpits anytime soon. But running a trimmer is definitely an option. Even a close trim. Does that do the trick?

Yes it does:)

I honestly didn’t expect such a strong opposition to the issue…

I recently started shaving my legs for biking (I promise that people actually do this - I’m not doing it out of personal preference). The look is starting to grow on me though.

If my girl trimmed (but not shaved, I’d still bitch about that) them when I was asleep, I might complain, but I don’t think my heart would really be in it since I could have an excuse if my friends asked.

^^ LOL I’d be pissed if someone tried to trim any part of my body while I am sleeping!

Based on my observations from going to n#de beaches a few times:

-95%+ of women go Brazilian

-Probably 75%+ of men shave all or most of their region off, regardless of p3nis size

-Probably 60-70% of the men were bare chested, and of those, probably half had artifically shaved it off

-Men generally do not shave pits or legs

Those numbers, I would posit, are all biased significantly upward, due to the venue of research.

But on the shaving issue, it’s common, relatively, in wrestling to shave everywhere as well (incl. arms/legs). The shavers claim it’s for competitive purposes, but I’m not sure I believe it.

And for the grooming the underarms for the other half if she asked… I don’t see a reason why I wouldn’t. It’s not hard to do, it doesn’t take a lot of time, it doesn’t negatively impact me. But then again I’m fine with my, sexuality (not sure if that’s the right word…); if my lady friend wanted it, doing something so trivial to make myself “more attractive,” in her eyes, is 100% okay with me.

Ok, I trimmed my pits tonight. So far, no noticeable difference in the rate of being hit on by women.

krnyc2008, I’ll see you tomorrow at 56th and Lex, yes? :wink:

Finally voice of reason!

Ayaaayyaaai Bchad, what your GF will say to that!? :wink:

I see nothing wrong with shaving everything. I’ve never gotten requests to shave things but I have found that women tend to like it more when it’s shaved. This is the first i’ve heard of an artificially bare chest being a turn off.

On the flip side, ideally a woman should be shaved down there. Completely. No landing strip. I’ve usually only requested that from long term gfs. Short term, it’s tolerable.

Wouldn’t it look like are with a thirteen year old?