Breaking Bad (2nd to last episode)

Guys, what’d you all think of the show’s ending last night? Charlie Rose and all?

Dunno. It seems like it is really just setting the stage for the last episode.

Yeah, it was definitely a transition episode between last week’s red-wedding-esque bloodbath and next week’s climax.

So who is Walt going to kill next week? Jesse, Todd and his uncle’s crew, his old business partner at Grey Matter…so many people to cap and so little time.

I think the likely ending is Walt killing all of Jack’s crew and saving Jesse. They realize they’re two of the most wanted people in America and all they have is each other. They move to Brazil and get gay married.

The End.

Any of you thinking back to one of those intros where it is Walt’s birthday at a diner. He asks for the bacon to be made into his age, just like his wife used to do. Interesting part of Breaking Bad is those intros and how they sometimes only make sense in hindsight – but if that event actually happens, Walt is a free man for at least another year after his birthday – although he seems alone.

Those events always actually happen, they’re flash-forwards. They’ve used them at the beginning of each season since season 2 I think. Keep in mind several months passed last week alone. Walt went from bald to full beard and hair over the course of a commercial break. That scene in the diner will take place next week. He’ll get that gun and go killing people.

if the show follows a predictable path, we would expect Walt to hunt down and kill Jack and Todd. But it doesn’t. The Charlie Rose piece suggests that the show might loop back to the very first season, and that would be a very interesting payoff.

FWIW, I thought Robert Forester as the vacuum cleaner guy was brilliant. He was a bail bondsman in Jack Brown.

Good point. Yea, it’s about to get real.

I stopped watcing after season 2, should i just jump ahead to see the final season?

I want to know how it ends… but i don’t think i want to sit through 3 seasons…

God no. The whole point of the series is watching Walter White become this horrible human. If you went from season 1 to season 5 you wouldn’t recognize him. Plus, it’s possibly the best show ever, so you should watch it anyway.

Ok, so the way it’s shaping up here’s the way its gonna end.

There’s this whole “father/son” theme going on. Walt always did what he did “for his family” etc. The showdown is gonna pivot around this.

Walter Jr. hates his dad. We know this now.

There will have to be a choice between his other surrogate sons “Jesse” and “Todd.” This will be interesting as Walt just tried to have Pinkman killed. Ultimately, I see Walt saving Pinkman and killing Todd which will be ironic as Todd is really the only person left who actually admires Walter.

Todd will finally lose his respect for Walter when Walt goes after Olivia.

Walter Jr. somehow kills Walter White.

QFT. Except Best Show Ever. I like House of Cards better, but it is much younger.

okay okay… i will continue to watch…

I hope it’s better than Dexter.

Impossible. Jr is too busy eating breakfast.

Seasons 3 and 4 represent the main story arc of Break Bad because of Gus. It’d be difficult to truly appreciate the series without understanding Walt’s relationship wtih Gus and the ultimate resolution of that relationship.

House of Cards is well done. Breaking Bad is impressive given its limited budget early on.

Okok… coz i feel season 2 is just a bit of a waste… jessie’s gf is an okay arc, but it’s not the most exciting and it has no legs (other than the fact that waltz let her die and show his dark side)…

But can’t american TV make series like UK? one season and that’s it. like Boardchurch…

The writing and the story lines get better and more “out of the box” with each successive season. It gets well beyond the Tuco shit from season 1. You haven’t gotten to the Salamancacharacter, his friggen bell and the whole sequence with the Mexican drug cartel.

AMC has been running a Breaking Bad series marathon since yesterday. I’m looking forward to this finale, and I haven’t ever looked forward to a series finale before.