"Polar Bears Now Eat Dolphins, Thanks to Global Warming"

“For the first time, a polar bear was seen preying on a white-beaked dolphin carcass that had been trapped in the ice in Svalbard, a group of Norwegian islands in the Arctic Ocean.”

http://www.livescience.com/51195-polar-bears-eat-dolphins.html

I just hope the dolphin died and then was eaten, not the other way around…

I love the desperation of Global Warming propaganda headlines.

eaten alive is just nature in its wild state. I see nothing bad about it.

The other day I was pondering how much less meat I would eat if I had to eat it raw off of the animal in true primal format. I imagine I would be pretty close to vegitarian.

you are incorrect. sushi = delicious. steak tartare = delicious. dolphin ceviche = delicous.

Unless you eat at Nobu, in which case, everything tastes like soy sauce.

While I agree with your statements, these are also very different eating experiences than taking a bite of those animals while they are still alive/shortly after death.

Good sushi is still twitching as it slides down your throat.

I always thought that the seals that eskimos eat raw look yummy.

I have actually eaten raw meat fresh from a slaughtered cow,to be precise it was its liver.While it didnt obviously have skin,I still had to use a hefty amount of pepper and tobasco to gulp the bite down.Now biting an animal and tearing its flesh with all the veins and skin is a totally different game.

I would probably eat more than I already do.

We eat still-moving fish, octo, eels and such.

^ Gollum?

still moving doesn’t necessarily mean alive/ living /breathing. A lot of times those movements are just reflex movements.

I regret opening this thread before lunch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catching_Fire:_How_Cooking_Made_Us_Human

Probably a taste picked up after their spring break trip to Miami.

My wilder Indian friends have warned me about eating small crabs whole - apparently they will still grab the inside of your cheeks. Relfex action, since they are boiled. No firsthand experience. I’d be more terrified of swallowing the shell.

Well, if they are boiled, the muscles should already be tensed by boiling, and nerves dead to the point of being unable to signal a reflex (a reflex is just a short nerve circuit so that bypasses the brain so the brain can’t counteract it, though it can often observe or sense it; if the nerve has been denatured by boiling, it shouldn’t be able to pass a current through its axon and signal a reflex. But a non-cooked nerve might.).

It’s possible that claws are in a naturally closed position and that crabs have to flex their muscles to open them. In that case, as you bite into the shell, the muscles will separate from the exoskeleton and the crab claw will close.

Or it might just be that your jaw closes on a crab claw that happens to be poking into your cheek and it grabs you.

That’s a little too close to being alive for me. If it’s moving or mooing, I don’t want it.

Is anyone else thinking about that scene in Temple of Doom when they cut the snake open?