if tony romo had any pride left he would retire

oy vey. i read he is due $50 mil over the next 2 years so maybe he wont retire lol

As a football fan, i feel for him. Sucks but it seems to happen so often, some guys are just like that. As an Eagles fan, i feel fantastic. Nice to not have to deal with him playing.

dak will be the starter from now. romo will retire. cowboys will go 17-0

I’m actually in agreement with Igor.

His cap hit isn’t worth it. He’s too old and frail.

Prescott has looked good in preseason.

Cut Romo and move on. Use the cap space and a third-round pick to get Joey Bosa from the Chargers.

I forget exactly how it works, but I don’t think it’s in Romo’s best interest to retire. I think he has to get cut. But, because it’s due to a football related injury he gets to keep a ton of his remaining contract. However, it doesn’t go against the cap.

I think…it’s hard to keep all the cap rules straight.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/28/at-some-point-cowboys-may-have-a-decision-to-make-on-tony-romo/

Good article about how Romo affects the cap space. Doesn’t go into the difference between retiring vs. being cut, though.

delete your handle

^What’s wrong with it?

Footage of a very inebriated Jerry Jones talking about the possibility of Kaepernick coming to the Cowboys. I hope to God this is not a reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Only a matter of time before Manziel is wearing the star…jk, sorta

I could be wrong, but I don’t think they can use that cap space to sign Bosa because he would fall under the rookie salary cap and the money was spent on Eliott. Although it is a moot point since Bosa has signed now.

Will you still feel fantastic if Dak Prescott (selected 135th overall) turns out to be just as good as, or maybe even better than, Carson Wentz (selected 2nd overall after giving away the farm for the next couple of years)?

Man, the NFC East looks bad. Skins to the championship!?

^ NFC East is certainly down. Don’t worry though, the Giants will be back in a year or two to beat the Pats in the Super Bowl again.

^BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Note - I only hate the NFC East ex-Dallas until until the Cowboys’ season is over. After that, I turn into an NFC East fan, then an NFC fan. Very rarely do I root for an AFC team over an NFC team.

That’s pretty weird. I cannot imagine rooting for the Jets or Bills in a playoff game, especially before anyone else because they’re in the same division as my team. Ew. Then again that situation has rarely presented itself recently so maybe I’d think differently if it ever happens again.

I’m kind of with Greenie on this, except when it comes to the Eagles. While I certainly want the Giants to beat their division rivals, I don’t dislike the Cowboys or Redskins. If one of them wins the division, I root for them because they are the representative of “my conference” and their success has a bit of a halo effect. I have significant dislike for the Eagles though, so when they win the division I root for them to get crushed in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Y’all sound like SEC fans. Not hating, just can’t wrap my head around it.

I have the philosophy in college football. As a UT-Austin fan, I root for all Big 12 teams come bowl season. A&M used to be the exception, but since they’ve moved to the SEC I can root against them without hesitation.

I don’t really know what to think about A&M. Part of me says that they’re a bunch of traitors since they abandoned the Big 12 and moved to the SEC. The other part says, “Well, they’re still a Texas team, so I have root for them when they’re playing some gay California team.” Still another part of me says, “No, I still hate them and want them to lose every game ever, because they’re east of I-35, so they don’t count as part of Texas.”