Russian Ambassador to Turkey Shot

Discuss the implications.

https://www.rt.com/news/370774-russian-ambassador-shot-ankara/

sounds like the shooter had the “relevant” ID to represent himself as a police officer at the event. Need more facts and evidence. As for global repercussion? Wait to see what/if any organization takes credit (Terrorists? Kurds?). Keep an eye on Trump’s twitter. Could be a setback for Russian and Turkey relations which were just getting back to normal.

Looks like the attacker has also been “neutralized”.

franz ferdinand is dead again?

If I wore a tinfoil hat I would wonder if the CIA hadn’t passed along information about the diplomat’s wareabouts and credentials etc to interested parties following some of the conflicts in that region and the US election hacking.

Putin about to open up a can of whoopass

It’s complicated

This is probably exactly what happened.

Were his whereabouts a secret?

A secret museum exhibition would be like the ultimate hipster cultural event - maybe when these millennials get older and inherit their parents wealth, this will be the next “ironic” thing.

Typically they travel with a degree of secrecy as they are high value targets in conflict areas such as Turkey with ISIS concerns. So supplying this man with police credentials to get into a high profile social art event (very James Bond) and telling interested parties he was going to be there (sooo James Bond) would have been hugely useful. A large part of the president’s security comes from lack of publicity regarding his exact movements and itinerary.

^ As I understand it, he wasn’t supplied with police credentials, he actually was a police officer. No idea if the ambassador’s appearance was supposed to be a secret or not.

I suppose the ambassador could have been a secret guest speaker at the event, supplied at the last minute, but most events that I’ve been to where an ambassador has spoken have been events where it was known that they were coming and their presence was used to increase the draw or justify the ticket price (although it is true that sometimes it is uncertain whether they will cancel at the last minute).

What is the point for an ambassador to speak at some cultural event if no one knows they are going to be there?

Yeah, the exhibit was called “Russia through Turkey’s Eyes.” Seems like a pretty natural place for the ambassador to be.

I’m surprised that there is no market reaction to this news. I guess no one really cares about this guy? I mean, Russian foreign agents die all the time under suspicious circumstances, right? If this was the US ambassador, thing would be going nuts.

I could be wrong. I’m just saying that the movement and behavior of diplomats in Turkey, particularly Russian diplomats is very different from those in the US given the security situation. I mean, realize that less than six months ago the leader fled the country while a military coup attempt took place. But yes, the fact that he was an actual policeman does shoot holes in my theory.

not going to post any of it here but omg reddit.com/r/toosoon

broken heart

Some gems at www.reddit.com/r/imgoingtohellforthis as well

That was my first thought