Most unusual question asked by a stranger on the street

What’s the most unexpected question you have ever been asked by a stranger (excluding the homeless)?

I was walking the streets the other day (downtown, very busy time of the day with many pedestrians) and a woman stopped me to ask me where the Victoria Secret store was. Without flinching, I told her exactly where it was. I don’t know what was more usual. Me being asked that question by a woman when there were dozens of women around or me knowing where it was (to my defense a famous bookstore closed down to make way for the new Victoria Secret store, so that’s the reason I knew the answer).

For the record, I know you are dying to know, but the woman in question was NOT attractive.

In the lady’s room of my office building, about a month ago, a Latino girl (I guessed from her looks) came to me and asked me “do you work out a lot? You look really fit!”

:slight_smile:

no recuerdo para nada, hombre

It was a easy answer. Your place or mine?

Did you at least get his name?

#BeHonest

his or her?

#confusedhashtag

she wanted to have a sexual encounter in bathroom.

I was asked if I know any strippers since I am Russian

^^^LOL! A significant portion of the dressing room banter is in Russian … lovely ladies wink

19 years ago, my first day on a new job, the HR manager and I are sharing an elevator ride. He says “nice shoes!” I say “Thanks!”

I was too naive to understand what that meant. Later, the gossipy girl I shared an office with basically gave me a list of all people in the company who were gay/lesbian. I still didn’t make the connection until years later when I learnt that this was a thing.

(Yes the HR manager was gay. Probably still is.)

Coming from another woman, it’s a legit compliment.

Do you have a six-pack?

Did you punch them?

I couldn’t. He is a coworker. I need that job

But doesn’t work the other way around :slight_smile:

Shame! A laxative in his coffee then, you know you want to ;).

Thanks for the idea ;))

“Hey, buddy. You know where the Gap is??”

There was a Gap store a few blocks away, but the question seemed way outta left field. frown

The only permissible way to answer this is to say, “What’s that, buddy? You looking for a gap?” Then, deliver a clean punch to his teeth, knocking one out. As you stand over him, finish by saying, “There you go, pal, there’s your f***ing gap.”

Years ago when I was in the UK I was walking down the street and noticed a women across the road looking at me and then start walking purposefully towards me.

Her question? “Is there a Nandos in this town?”

Basically I was selected from a street full of people as the man that would know where Nandos was. The irony is that I don’t really see the appeal of Nandos, same with Chipotle. I don’t get why everyone < 25 is obsessed with them?