Black Mirror

Anyone watching this show on Netflix? I feel like everyone should be watching it. So depressing, so great.

Yes - it is good to quite good.

i like the show but 30 mins would have been better for most if not all the stories.

I watched the episode where the PM had to shag a pig, was interesting and well made. Never found myself watching another for some reason

there’s an episode from 2011 or 12 where a cartoon character becomes a political candidate. Pretty sure this is where Trump got his strategy. Lots of situations in the show related to technology seem utterly plausible, if not probable, which makes it pretty thought provoking to me. well thought out by the creators.

favourite one so far is the one with hard disks in your head and the guy gets all obsessive about these little things, but turns out he’s right and goes on a believable rampage. considering this is something that is inevitable, imo, and would act as a major professional advantage for those who had them versus those who didn’t, i have never contemplated the issues that would arise given that we are emotional beings. i think this one will be a hard episode to beat.

The season 3 finale is pretty damn good, the one with John Hamm. A little predictable but really thought provoking. brain backups, computer eye implants. What could go wrong?

EDIT: that was season 2 finale I think.

I haven’t finished this recent season, but thought the rating / wedding one was really good.

FAAAAAAAAAAACK. just watched the one where they captured the kid beating his d* like it owed him money over his screen cam. Great twist at the end.

ok seriously people, start watching this show. it’s so damn good. a stern warning against handing over privacy/individual sovereignty for the sake of making life easier through technology. The show does a great job of shedding light on the fact that technology can be used not only to invade privacy but ultimately to negate an individual’s sovereignty over his mind. That is the real potential endgame that enslaves humanity. And the show correctly demonstrates that individuals could very well VOLUNTARILY hand over their individual sovereignty in exchange for some stupid entertainment or supposed convenience app. Mix in a powerful and intrusive central government and you can easily see how the entire species could enslave itself.

so fucking good.

^I only have White Christmas left. The show is awesome.

did you watch out of order? Isn’t there another whole season after that one?

I must have skipped it somehow.

I’m alternating between Black Mirror and Peaky Blinders.

Scary and captivating because all the plots seem like they could happen in everyday life today

Finished last night. Jon Hamm was awesome in White Christmas.

Trying to think of my favorite…They were all really good. Maybe 15 Million Merits. That one was pretty interesting.

the one where they videoed the dudes whacking it on their webcams for blackmail was awesome…and really fucking scary. #nofap.

the twist at the end was so great though. completely flipped your emotions about the whole thing at the last minute.

Yeah, that one was definitely towards the top of my list as well. Added bonus as it had Bronn from GoT.

The one where the guy obsesses over his wife cheating on him is good too.

After I watched the jerkin off blackmail one, i taped up my camera haha…peace of mind.

White Christmas is great too when someone gets ‘blocked’

Or when the computerized version of the person is set to live a few thousand years in a white room.

what i didn’t get about that episode is how a confession based on an involuntary copy of a person’s mind would hold up in court as evidence. I’m sure there would be some privacy laws around that.

then the whole consciousness debate comes into play…to get these ‘assistants’ to crack, they subdue them to the most sadistic torture ever.