From physics to finance

Most quantitative people I see have backgrounds in physics and not in any other science. My degree is EE which is almost physics, if i give up on MBA and this kinda degree and starting to publish papers and work to get admissions from top good schools overseas how easy will it be to do finances/technology with a PhD? In here people have PhD but mostly due to British systems and that , but in U.S it’s not the degree but the work done so I don’t know if this is the correct thing to do.

Publish vs Work ?

MBA vs PHD ?

Technology vs Finance ?

these are truly dilemmas that i face every day.

You have to study core level physics for EE, but EE isn’t physics, which is why they call it EE and not physics…

Take the offer from Standford.

EE is applied physics so I know. Someone corrected me in here , it’s Stanford so please use the correct version. Also I haven’t heard from them but have applied, hopefully things go well hahaha.

so you now you understand the word ‘offer’ vs ‘apply’

How did you score on the GMAT? Also, I’m pretty sure most MBA programs require at least 2 years experience, but it seems like you’re fresh out of undergrad?

Dude just take the plumbing job and be done with it

Getting a top physics phd is a great foot in the door for ops at the top banks… and from there… the worlds your oyster

You seem like you’ve got a lot on your plate, and like you are tormented with many difficult dilemmas.

I think hedge funds like PhD physicists as well. But, you’re in school for all that time and chances are you’re probably either teaching or doing low paid research, unless you’re some stud.

Yes, yes. Best solution is a dartboard. Get a sharpie, write all the ‘dilemmas’ on the dartboard… and … throw! … oooh don’t like that one ---- okay okay 2/3

again!

Before you commit to a particular program, have you given serious thought to selling your anal virginity?

You truly have to be an idiot to spend 7-8 years studying postgraduate courses and researching so that maybe and just maybe you may end up in a bank.The only good thing that a Physics PhD will give you is that you will become a Jack of All Trades and master of none. You should know some programming, some mathematics, some statistics and of course some Physics, While most other STEM fields will narrow your focus.This is perhaps why a PhD in Physics may develop better “all round” people.

Lol

this tripped me out…the dogs head moved but i thought it was a picture

being honest i would 100% sell my cornhole virginity for 2.5mm… 100%

You wouldn’t ask for measurements first?

I’ve heard the Indian Plumbing industry is non-existent.

I am not Indian.

Yes you are.