The Fleece Vest Look

What’s the deal? Fleece vests, 99% of the time emblazoned with the company logo, over dress shirt and slacks with nice shoes. Total douchebag look if you ask me, but I’m curious what the community thinks.

A lot of people do it because of temperature variations between the offices / meeting areas and say the trading floor. It’s kind of old school but I wear it sometimes.

the Lehman, Bear Stearns fleece vests are hot right now.

Only necessary when your arms feel hot, but your core is soooo cold.

#FleeceVests

#SurfersKnow

Its almost like there are pompous assholes working in finance

I like it that when you don’t know what the ******s mean, you just hit quote and it shows you.

kind of old school, I like it for between seasons. Used to be hedgies for the most part but now a lot of places are more casual so they adopt the look. Honestly, I see more cfo types wearing that look now and investors wearing weird sh!t

I only wear one in the office when I’m cold and want to have something that’s not restrictive for the arms. If I’m going outdoors I put on a sportcoat. Overall, not a great look and sometimes a source of derision given recent underperformance of active management as an industry class, in my opinion.

Agreed

Is “that fleece vest look” like “that Yale thing?”

Image result for gaaaayyyy seal

FYI …i don’t think that look is too bad…i just love using this meme whenever i can.

^ Where did you get that meme? 1997?

don’t harp on a classic. what was once old will be new again

Are we talking sweatervests? That look is unforgivable if you ask me. Or are we talking the outdoor sports undercoat type things? Surely that’s way too casual for any respectable office?

My boss occasionally wears a sweatervest on casual Friday, the 1st time he walked in with it on I asked him if he’d lost a bet or something and he wasn’t amused.

I only have vests that people give to me. It is like the default corporate gift. Incidentally, none are made of fleece, but that kind of outdoor synthetic shell material.

Not quite, as the fleece vest look is not actually backed by anything, kind of like the U.S. dollar.

Now that I think of it, the look irks me in the way that a pink polo shirt with a popped collar and boat shoes with no socks bothers me.

I’ll rock the vest look in the office. It’s nice in the spring and fall when it’s cold in the morning and nice in the afternoon. Two added bonuses: 1) you don’t have to have your shirt perfectly ironed; and 2) it hides any extra weight that’s accumulated around the midsection.

^ The one without ultra is better.