Open relationships

Anyone here have experience with open relationships; whether they are seeing multiple people or if their partner is seeing multiple people?

Pros? Cons?

They don’t last.

open relationship means your girl is going to be banging a lot more guys than you will bang girls. Some guys dont care about that stuff and it works, if you are one of those guys cool. I however would not be.

Best leave it to the same crowd that is a doing the hooking up. College kid stuff before they are open to committing.

lollll freshman year i remember going to college and was bummed all the hot girls in my dorm had bfs. My RA was like dude dont worry give it a month or two. Within that time 75% of the girls had broken up with their BFs or decied they should try and open relationship (none of which lasted)

So you mean seeing other people with the knowledge and consent of my wife? No.

What if you guys were on the other side of the fence? You’re single and you’re seeing someone else’s gf/wife? Would you do it?

Why would you do that to a guy?

If he was cool with it? Like, a swinger? Nah. Not even then.

No way if you know the guy. Even if he’s cool with it.

Youre nuts, that would be a dream for single me. A gal who has a man taking care of her emotional needs and looking for a little fun on the side? No need to sneak around as he is cool with it and doing his own thing too? Sign me up.

That said, no I wouldnt help a girl cheat and I would probably insist on some way to verify her man was cool with the setup.

^ Yes just to clarify, the point of this post is that there is no sneaking/cheating around. Every party is aware of what is going on.

I don’t know if I would want to be the satellite male in this kind of relationship. Because you know you’re going to have positive net exposure to fluids from the main guy.

Smells like drama to me. Best to avoid.

Not to mention all the other satellite guys.

Yeah, I would generally agree with this assessment. I’ve never been in an open relationship because when I’m single and want to play the field, I want to be completely unbridled in those pursuits. It seems like the idea of being tethered to a relationship, however “open” it may be, still involves commitment and feelings that seem antithetic to the idea of being totally single.

I dont disagree, and again having never been in a position like this I certainly am no expert. Seems like something I would at least give a go if I were single, however I am under no illusion it would work out like it would in my post.

Fantastic post, had a good chuckle. You are an astute observer of the human condition ohai. Need to steer clear of some guys nut at all times.

I don’t understand the appeal of the open relationships in general but if it works for somebody else, I don’t care. Personally I wouldn’t be attracted to a guy who is fine with me sleeping with other guys. There is something very repelling about that

i got a real close buddy of mine who is in a sort of open relationship aka “known cheating”. anyways some girl he hooked up with got pissed off and made a revenge instragram with a story line filled with pics of gf, other girls he hooked up, the line he used, and a bunch of comments from other jaded chicks coming forward “saying that happend to me”. and of course our entire bball crew adding to the fire. “Oh Johnny boy!”

anyways pretty hilarious.

thats rough nery

I’m super possessive so this would never work for me but i do have a story.

One of my good friends was single at the time and on the dating scene. He started to see one girl fairly consistently to a point where it got very fairly serious. In any event, she said she was on vacation one week and he noticed she had a pic of her and some other guy on a cruise. Turns out this girl was in a ltr with some marine. My buddy, being the stand-up guy that he is, finds out who the other guy is and says they should grab a beer and quickly explains to him the situation. My buddy meets him at the bar w the intention of saying he had no idea but would want this treatment if things were ever reversed. Instead, the marine greets him with a straight right punch.Bad move, my buddy, former pro fighter from bulgaria, eats the punch and returns with his own knocking the guy down. He helps the guy up, says his gf is a whore and deserving of a man like this and leaves.

This is how i probably would handle this situation.