Fat Fat Fat

40% of U.S. Women Are Now Obese

The number of Americans who are overweight or obese continues to reach shocking highs, with some estimates that more than two-thirds of American adults are now overweight or obese. Now, a new study reveals that while obesity rates in men have plateaued, rates have continued to rise amonghe study, published Tuesday in the journal JAMA, reveals that for the years 2013-2014, the obesity prevalence was 35% for men and 40% for women. When looking at trends over time, the researchers found that from the year 2005 to 2014 there were significant and steady increases in the number of American women who were very obese.

Another study also published Tuesday in JAMA by many of the same researchers revealed that over the last 25 years, there has been a slight increase in obesity among young people ages 12 to 19. The prevalence of obesity among kids ages 2 to 5 has gone down, and it has leveled off in kids ages 6 to 11.

why do you care dont you live in canadia?

Not much different in terms of diet. I live in states now.

Fat man drinks so many energy drinks he dies

By Chris Perez

February 2, 2016 | 3:34pm

Andres MorenoEPA

The world’s fattest man may have been done in by his love for energy drinks, his doctor said Tuesday.

Andres Moreno, who weighed 980 pounds at his heaviest, suffered a fatal heart attack on Christmas Day just two months after undergoing stomach bypass surgery, according to the Daily Mirror.

After going under the knife, the 38-year-old Mexican got addicted to energy drinks — guzzling more than six a day before his death, according to Dr. Jorge Ojeda.

“As an obese man, although he was losing weight and was starting to move, exposing yourself to a stimulant can cause an irregular heartbeat, and that or a heart attack can lead to death,” said Ojeda. “He drank more than six energy drinks a day according to his family and we believe it could be a lot more than six.”

[video:https://youtu.be/t2mU6USTBRE?t=94]

6 energy drinks is nothing

brosef was probably on 20/day

Hes got a surprisingly normal looking face.

I’d guess that I probably qualify as overweight though based on bmi, as someone who ranges from 180-190 at 5’10. And I exercise 4-5 times per week and dont carry a ton of fat. Measures not that great.

atush spam watch 2017

here is the ideal weight for height:

https://www.bannerhealth.com/staying-well/health-and-wellness/fitness-nutrition/ideal-weight

you are prolly slightly overweight. just lost 10 to 20 lbs and you should be good.

i am 5’8" 168. i could lose prolly 10 more lbs. i run minimum 5 miles/day 4x to 5x a week, plus i play prolly 9 hrs of bball on top of that. i eat a lot of food though. lol. not trying to diet anymore.

how would his family not know how many he is drinking? dude probably can’t walk and was served said energy drinks and probably didn’t dispose of said energy drinks.

Let me play the role of PA for a moment - perhaps diet is only the secondary, indirect, reason behind obesity and the real driver is feminism pushing women into stressful jobs/positions that their body cannot handle resulting in eating sugary food as a coping mechanism.

Oh stop with the sexist assumptions of what we can or cannot handle.

you’re right

KR - whats up! I only do this to say hello otherwise you are rather aloof.

On a serious/funny note, you should watch Amy Wong’s stand up. Her entire bit is on this topic. My wife claims to be a feminist - and hates my misogynist comments - and her new favorite comedian is Amy.

Aloof? Maybe you are right…

Congrats on the marriage btw!

Anyone watch the south park episode on TMI? Minus the angle of the shaft plus YAW

Its Ali Wong. I will be seeing her thursday with dave chappelle, cant wait. Baby Cobra was one of the best stand up specials i have watched/listened to in the last 5 years at least. Saw her live once before and the material was new but not particularly original compared to when I saw baby cobra, was a bit disappointed. Also at thursday’s show: John Mayer & Lil Jon.

I saw her live a few months ago - hilarious if you have kids. For my friends without kids they thought Baby Cobra was more relatable, but pretty funny regardless. Sometimes when I’m tired at work I do default to the: I don’t want to lean in, I just want to lie down.

This is silly. I dont look overweight, and I have more muscle than the average 5’10" guy. Plus I dated a girl who was 4’7 who weighed ~97-103 lbs and she looked good at that weight, this would suggest shed have to lose 40 lbs. I think she’d just about have died if she had. The limitations to these sorts of standardized things are so apparent.

I can see that, her live act seemed more focused towards parents & women which makes sense seeing as how that seemed to be most people at the show.