so hung out with some hs buddies yesterday. one has cancer.

testicular cancer to be exact with a 95% survival chance. anyways he came back home from his phd in bio chem at northwestern to undergo chemo. i think he’ll be fine. but just a reminder at how short life is and how we should appreciate it more and do what we love.

he got his masters already, but i asked him what he would do once he is all good. and surprisingly he said to go back to finish what he started after he finishes his medical leave.

my other phd friend seems to be bored with his life but cant wait to be an md. he was telling me how much he valued friendship, and how when he was going through some rough times, just having friends come see him, felt really good. he was on depressants but is now finally off it, but the shit he was talking about sounds depressing. when people say stuff like (i value friends), that’s like a red flag that shit is shaky. he actually wanted to visit my 2 loser buddies who were ignoring us, just cuz he felt that they were prolly depressed. so we dropped unannounced lol after trying to give them a heads up call and they ghosted us.

anyways two of my other buddies are pretty much still going to community college doing shit and just hanging at the garage. and we chilled there for like 4 hrs until i had to get home for dota. lol. my depressed phd buddy was like lets go smoke hookah, i’ll pay for these 2.

also we randomly met a sort of wrestler friend that i dindnt think was all that smart in hs, but apparently he is studying dentistry in budapest. i was Soooo surprised. i was like. mah nigga, i didnt know you were a genius.

then i spoke on the phone to my best friend in middle school. he’s a krn that is a chef at a brazilian samba spot.

hilarious. if you asked me this when i was in high school how it’d all turn out. i would not have expected any of this. cept the 2 losers. those i knew.

Ace did you change your account again ?

you gotta take your buddy to grind some where

Life is too short to spend 5 years getting a piece of paper.

Image result for cool story bro meme

Nerdy, have you ever considered taking some time out and going travelling somewhere random? I think it would be a good move for you.

Sounds cool dude

That sucks. I was dealt a cancer diagnosis myself a few years back. Testicular cancer is super, super treatable nowadays though, even if it has spread. If it’s still local, that’s just surgical removal followed by a little bit of radiotherapy. Yea, don’t wait for life to give you a reason (as it inevitably will) to start appreciating what you have.

-stl apologies for the long post. just been thinking a lot. that’s a red flag. i need to stop. lol. to be fair. i’ve been by myself in the office for awhile. the other peeps have been in aspen for 2 months now. going on 3.

-gringo a vacation is a set back. i can delay gratification. my eyes are still on the prize. i want to be a millionaire. lol. but you’re right, i want it and i think itd be good too.

-igor i invited them to long beach. they said “i might be down”, they prolly wont. its not their scene. they just like to smoke weed watch tv and play super smash play music in a garage all day. lol

I guess it’s shitpost day. I’ll add my .02.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YYNPnql9YI

No need to apologize. Post whatever. I just took the opportunity to use a meme. Perhaps a bit harsh. I probably should have gone with the Hoff:

Image result for cool story bro meme

Why apologize? It’s nice to see old friends once in a while. People drift off after school. I have three close friends from high school.

1. A teacher who just bought a condo (put less than 20% down, told him it was a bad idea)
  2. One is doing some sh*tty office job
  3. Getting his PhD in physics. He gets to travel all over the world.

ive met a lot of phd ppl, they all sound pretty depressed. they seem to be underpaid, work a lot, and under a lot of stress. they do love their job though, and travel around the world, get free room and board, and get free education. so it aint all that bad. and their life outside of work is like boring shit.

When I was in college I used to stay after class and get help on topics from my Econometrics instructor. I asked him for career advice near the end of the spring semester and he said “Don’t get a PHD.” Found out the next semester that he committed suicide over the summer. (he was not a poster here if you were wondering).

#FeelingNuts

lol. symbolism pun. mad props

Most of the guys I went to high school with reverted to the mean. Its sad.

most guys I know who have a PhD spirraled into depression when they finished it. Most of them teach now

Nerdy writes posts like he’s f’ing 15 years old. I can’t even tolerate it. What grown-ass man working in investments really writes like this?

I think he’s cute :3