"Stashing" awareness

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/a12042931/stashing-dating-definition/

"First coined by Metro UK’s Ellen Scott, “stashing” is when the person you’re dating fails to introduce you to anyone in their lives, and basically hides you away from their friends and family.

Scott says that by hiding all evidence of time spent together from their lives, stashers are able to play dumb about their commitment (emotional or time-wise) to the stashee and thus treat them poorly.

Stashing isn’t just limited to not meeting the parents either. Scott also says that stashing can play out online, when the stasher refuses to acknowledge the stashee’s existence on social media. If you’re constantly tagging a guy in photos and he’s only uploading ambiguous shots of your shared meal together (sans mentioning you in the caption or tagging you), chances are good you’re being stashed.

Dating expert Jo Hemmings told the Daily Mail, the most likely reason for being stashed is that you’re “being played a bit. They could be someone who doesn’t think of you as a long-term prospect, or they don’t think you’re special enough to have brought you into their circle of friends.” But she does mention that there are also legitimate reasons for not being introduced to a partner’s friends. It could be that it genuinely hasn’t come up yet or that they’re worried you won’t get along with their buddies.

But if you’ve made every effort to include them in your life and they haven’t reciprocated, it’s totally fine to check in for a status update and ask why. After all, just like with ghosting, it’s usually better to get an answer either way."

Have you been a victim of “stashing”? Know your rights!

rofl yea. i had to bring this chick im seeing to meet the fam on my bday. lol. i was stashing her for a couple months. my fam was equally surprised. i just like to keep things separate. friends family work chicks. i even categorize af on here, lol. you guys are my dirty lil secret. lol

apart from Muffinboy/Stallion who seems to jerk off to your snapchat

leave it to cosmo to invent some new shit for women to be pissed about.

Believe it or not, but this is exactly what is happening to me now and what I am trying to figure out. Not a good sign.

Sorry to hear that krnyc. Generally if you ever find yourself in this situation there is a deep underlying issue to be resolved with your partner.

So what you’re saying is you need some help making a revenge video?

Thanks. Yeah, you are right. There is definitely an issue

i think this is real though. i know a few friends who have cheated before and even now they are stashing their wives/gfs on fbook.

lol I think I’ll pass :wink:

I was a stasher when I was in college and my 20’s. I didn’t do it for malicious reasons, I just liked to keep my love life and the rest of my life separate.

"You have no idea of the magnitude of this thing. If she is allowed to infiltrate this world then George Costanza as you know him ceases to exist. You see, right now I have Relationship George. But there is also Independent George. That's the George you know, the George you grew up with... Movie George, Coffee Shop George, Liar George, Bawdy George."
"I love that George."
"Me too, and he's dying. If Relationship George walks through this door, he will kill Independent George. A George divided against itself cannot stand!"

yea i am actually going on a double date with a buddy and his girl to six flags. (they have a sale aug 31st for seasons passes btw). its going to be interesting, cuz i made out with two of the chick’s friends within the last two months since i’ve been dating this chick. so it should be interesting if i get outed. i still dont know what im going to do, if i do. my friends tell me its a bad idea, but i rather be honest and be forced to make a choice, the guilt of cheating is sort of getting to me cuz shes a nice gal.

what you going to do krnyc?

i thought this was going to be about mustache rides

Image result for super troopers mustache ride gif

Trust me, she already knows.

Sounds like what this russian chick did to me. But she also “stashed” everyone in her life so she could cut anyone out at any time and deny their existence and treat them all poorly and let out her unstable borderline personality disorder crap on. Stashed a bunch of guys she was seeing on the side as well. And always with the excuses abuot how introducing me to people and not hiding me would ruin me to her, and how her family was so terrible to her that she couldn’t introduce me etc etc. Good times.

Aww sorry dude. She sounds a bit psycho. You probably dodged the bullet

I really didn’t but yes, psycho. And of course saying that she may have a problem was equivalent to attacking her, making me a bad guy.

On a lighter note, what a nice blue sky thats come out today!

Don’t misinterpret a dude wanting guy time with being stashed. Sometimes a guy just doesn’t want his chick around. If he won’t introduce you to his family and if he is hanging with other girls who are “friends” and not introducing you then he either 1) doesn’t think your relationship is serious or 2) is banging side chicks.

I stash, not because of nefarious purposes, but because I don’t like sharing. I do not post about my life on social media normally, so why would I want to post about my relationship? It has come up in past long term relationships though. I see why it could concern the girl after reading this thread