Apple Watch 3

Looks kind of interesting, especially paired with bluetooth headphones. If you have the Apple Watch 3 and paired with wireless headphones then it seems you can fulfill the functions of voice calls and music/podcast streaming without a phone. Pretty awesome, actually. Texting would be annoying, as would anything on the web I think. Anyone have an Apple watch to describe the user experience?

It’s whatever, just make it count.

- kDot

I bought my wife an Apple Watch.  She’s a teacher and she can’t carry her phone around with her, so it works for her.  She can just look down at her wrist to see what’s going on.  

I sit at a desk all day, so the Apple Watch doesn’t really have much benefit for me.  

82 > 87
Simple math.

^When you’re in meetings, it’s a lot more discreet to check your watch than to check your phone if/when you get a call or text.

i want a watch phone

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

When I am in a boring meeting, I start texting as a power move to undermine the confidence of the guy who is talking. It’s super effective in a 1 on 1 meeting like annual performance reviews. Sometimes, I don’t have anyone to text to, so I just move my thumbs to pretend.

“The aliens on Mars cloned Hillary Clinton.” - Turd Furgeson

I actually think cellular functionality in the new Apple Watch is the most interesting thing Apple announced yesterday. In theory, if Siri’s voice dictation functionality continues to improve (or is good enough right now, I wouldn’t know I’ve never used it) an Apple Watch could replace voice, text, and email functionality of the iPhone which is a very large portion of my current usage on the device.

I bought Mrs. higgmond an Apple watch for her birthday and it’s pretty cool.  I considered one for myself, but I like wearing my traditional watches and also don’t want to get locked in to the Apple ecosystem.  I can’t imagine trying to text on it, but as king_kong said, voice recognition could be the answer.  The voice recognition on my Galaxy S3 was great.  I did voice to text and email all the time before switching to the iPhone 6.

This space available.