Job interview on Friday

4 letters: VP GS

Not asking for tips… just letting you all know. In fact i’m not sure i even want it. Will go the interview and see what happens.

Claim: People are still trying to work at GS?

Verdict: UNCLEAR

This guy is a known bubble chaser.

Good look pok - take the job and then get me in

I hope you didn’t list gardening under hobbies…

Good luck pok!

I’m know as the bubble guy at my current place. balls deep in UK resi, tilted on PCP (car lease) and bullish on bitcoin.

Ha! I did actually! ‘Garden show which was on BBC2’ was right under ‘slaying bi t ches’.

That last bit was a joke btw.

are you doing bitcoin trading at GS?

Make sure you list Certified Financial Analyst at the very top of your resume.

Good luck

No dude. I can’t trade that. I bot some on PA to sit and hold forever

I work in risk management right now…

ok dont mention you trade bitcoins lol

Err ok. So my advice at GS is to not treat them like the sh*t because they work there. 80% of the time they will be annoyed. Good luck, I know you need the money for home renovation.

FTFY, actually makes more sense now.

Vp at GS is pulling 180k back office style? Hacksaw

What I mean is that when people interview at GS, a lot of them are quite impressed and seem to be too enthusiastic or sucking up to the interviewer. If you’re a seasoned interviewer on the other side, it gets pretty old. So, as the interviewee, you should create the impression of being on equal terms. The fact that OP thought it was relevant to post this here shows that he might be a bit too awed with the situation.

is goldman well known outside our industry? like can u pick up chicks with that line?

what about bac, jpm, or citi?

VPs is like lowest title. Sad. I am still VP also sad

That sky lobby though

Every chick in NYC knows Goldman. Those not in the financial world believe that everyone at Goldman makes at least $10MM/year.

na dude… i dnt give 2 farks if its GS or not. I’m far too normal to be sucking up to them and in no way am i desperate for the role. I applied just for banter really… and they’ve given me an interview. If i get the job i’ll either take it or use it as leverage for comp at my current place.

No awe here.