Beats vs. Bose vs. Airpods

I got the Beats Studio Wireless for Christmas, but I’m returning them. They aren’t very comfortable after about 30 minutes.

Which one of the others should I get? It seems like the Airpods would be better suited for working out, but the Bose is better for travel and at the office.

Airpods are a game changer for working out. Unless you are an audiophile, I would go with those. I have a pair of wireless over-the-ear headphones and they are barely in the rotation unless I am completely focused on listening to music in an air-conditioned setting.

I have some $30 hacksaw wireless headphones. They seem fine. Maybe the Air Pods are better, but they better be, for the price.

For traveling, I prefer over-the-ear headphones, but it depends on the person.

i have some cheap in ear headphones i use in spring/summer but when it gets cold i have some over ear Audio Technica headphones to keep my ears warm as well. Both are blue tooth so i dont get wires caught on the subway.

Too bad Blake isn’t here to laugh at all you people for paying hundreds of dollars for headphones that can’t possibly be 5-10x better than the $20 cheap-o versions.

I like the sound quality better in the Bose than the air pods but air pods are the trendy thing to have.

Really. I’m always looking for good gym headphones. What makes them so good?

No wires at all. No behind the head thing. They weigh nothing. You feel like they are not even there. If you take one of the Airpods out then whatever you have playing stops automatically while you attend to whatever/whoever required you to take them out. When you put the Airpod back in the music or podcast starts up again automatically.

Charge lasts 5 hours. The case is the charger and it gives you 3 hours of charge in 15 minutes of charging. your case holds 24 hours of charge. You store the Airpods in the case, so they are literally never low on charge and you don’t even have to think about recharging the case more than once a week or so. The case lid is magnetic and closes effortlessly and does not open unless you want it to.

The controls are intuitive. Tap twice on the Airpod in ear to answer a call, end a calll or bring up voice recognition. The range is awesome, so if you’re doing cleans, deads or kettlebell work that could damage a phone if kept in pocket that is never a concern. They do not fall out (as least for my ears). The microphones are great and people can hear me clearly, except in extreme winds. This is awesome for when you are on a long run and someone needs to get a hold of you.

They are one of my favorite pieces of tech from Apple. Perhaps my favorite right now. At least when I got them, they were leaps ahead of the competition. Perhaps someone has caught up (a la Galaxy vs. iPhone) but I have not seen anything that competes on design yet.

^I’m as far from an apple fan boy as could be, but these are very strong product features. I’m guessing they only work with iphones?

people take the piss but I quite like the apple earphone things, they’re not your old school earphones that just sit in there but they’re also not the ones that are ‘in-ear’ Not sure about the wireless ones though

Cool. I’ll have to check these out.

Sounds great except once the Airpod 2 is released you can expect your original pair to start shorting out, losing battery life, and randomly disconnecting.

Yeah, the Airpod 2 is supposed to be good.

The Airpod X is in design to be an implant behind each ear connected to the cochlear nerve. Battery life of 5 years with bluetooth, not bad.

Just got my Airpods about five minutes ago. I love them already.

Does anybody know if you can turn these up/down directly on the earpiece? Or do you have to have the phone to do it?

You can control volume via voice recognition or through the phone. Agree that is something for which Apple should find a touch based interface.

Use Siri or Apple Watch or your connected device to control the volume.

And I also found a happy medium with the “beats vs. bose” thing - JBL Everest 750nc.

Same price as Beats, but comfort and sound of Bose. Well, more comfortable, actually, but the sound isn’t quite as good. But the price is definitely right.

Or, he’d comment that all three just plain suck and if you aren’t a top poster at AVSforum.com you shouldn’t be allowed to have an opinion.

Most of the research shows that Airpods are 8.6x better than their wired Apple counterparts, and are thus significantly undervalued based on USD 29.99 retail for the wired. I tend to keep most of my money in Airpods right now, just sold a pair to a guy on AF to free up some liquidity.

No, you won’t.