New Year's Goals (resos)

For mua: Every time my boss critiques my work using some other data, claim the said data as fake news.

I like it…

I’ve met 1-2 young, cocky grads ask me about my GPA. I say, I don’t recall and they’re under audit, will release when it’s done.

I resolve to manifest love and abundance for those around me. Namaste.

Drink less

Eat more fibre.

^eat 3 fiber one in a short amount of time, and fart to the sky!

I wrote 5 things down on a post-it note that I put into my wallet. These are separate from the job/money/career goals, these are just things I’d like to do before age wins the war, and now is as good a time as any.

1. 299 pounds. I’m in the back half of my 30’s and have been over 300 pounds for all but 1 day since my senior year in high school. There was a day in 2004 when I stepped on the shipping scale at work and it said 299. I was down 60 pounds in 3 months at the time. That evening I had an accident that broke an arm, a wrist, an ankle and that was the end of my journey into the 200’s. I’ve been as low as 304 since then. The Sunday after Thanksgiving this past year, I was 357 pounds. This morning I was 341 pounds. I’m taking things slowly and just hitting 2200-2400 calories per day. I figure I’m 4 or 5 months out from this goal, but I’m already 6 weeks in and it’s been pretty easy, even with the holidays.

2. Dunk. I could do it in high school, I’ve done it a few times since. I’m old, but with some weight loss and the squat, deadlift and calf work I’m doing I think this one is achievable. I coach a basketball team and I can still grab the rim pretty easily so we’re only 5 or so inches from getting there. This is pure vanity, obviously. Plus, I want to lord it over my teenaged son that I’m old and fat and can dunk, and he’s 6 feet tall and skinny and can’t touch the rim.

3. 100 consecutive push-ups. I started doing push-ups on December 18th, following the hundredpushups.com program. They have you start with an exhaustion test I did 5. Last night was my 8th session on the program and I did 4 sets of 5+ and my 5th and final set got to 11. I’m having to do each week of the program twice so far to hit the targets to move on, but I’m already pretty sure this goal is going to be reached.

4. Bench my body weight. My senior year in high school during our fall football training camp I weighed in at 307 and benched 305, then failed at 315. So I’ve never benched my weight before. The last time I benched was probably 18 months ago and i was just doing 8 and 10 rep sets around 185 or so because I’m old and broken. I’m going to push this into the back half of the calendar year, because It will be much easier to bench 280 than 340.

5. 1 pull-up. The rest of these goals are fairly easy for me to achieve, or are at least something I’ve been capable of before. This one, I’ve never really come close. I did one super jerky, possibly jumping pull-up in middle school, but I doubt it would have counted anywhere but my imagination. It’s my stretch goal of sorts. I figure if I get light enough and strong enough to do 1 pull-up, I’ll be in a pretty good spot. I’m going to start mixing in some assisted pull-ups soon to see how Herculean this task will be, but I’m guessing I’m talking about bridging 150 pound gap right now.

You are 340 lbs and can dunk a basketball? How tall are you?

If he could currently dunk why would he make that a goal?

No. I’m 340 pounds and can grab the rim and hope that I don’t break a middle school backboard. As for my height, 6’7 on a good, limber day.

That’s still really tall. Not going to buy a Miata any time soon, I mean.

damn you big nigga. i can dunk on 9 foor courts. but i cant do amazing tricks at the 8 foot courts.

Goal is to try to figure out a way to earn enough so that my kids don’t have to work. Either that or make sure kids get good grade in school, which is A LOT harder task

Or not have kids.

Do less. Breath more. Be bored more often and deal with it better. No new initiatives or hobbies, focus on existing ones.

Contemplating killing the internet at home for a month and see if I survive.

Finally pass the Tocfl 4

Should try just using the phone for phone calls and text messages, and getting off social media.

Help AF regain its former glory — more a place for privileged, middle- and upper-class background finance professionals with a refined frat boy humor to flex their wit and insights without fear of being judged by their stodgy, lifeless and humorless peers with zero personality at work…less a place for wannabe gangsters, conspiracy theorists and people with incomplete worldviews.

Yes, sophistication like this watermelon.

That gif gave me some bad flashbacks to some videos I’ve seen of scarification.