Thread that was about EVE Online that's now about PUBG and sharing gamertags so AFers can play PC/console games together

In some other threads about vidoe games, I’ve commented on how intriguing I find EVE Online. It truly is the “game you love to read about but would never play.” Anyone here play it? I’d be surprised if not. It’s basically a game run off a spreadsheet, ponzi schemes and other methods of financially engineering people out of their money is encouraged, and the battles - when they happen - cost a ton of money and involve thousands of players. I highly encourage people read about some of the best schemes that have taken place over the years. It’s a libertarian paradise…

Anyway, sometime today the biggest battle in the games 15 year history is supposed to take place. If it goes down, it’s possible up to $1,000,000 worth of crap will be destroyed. Considering the in-game currency can actually be converted back to USD, that’s not a made up figure. For those interested in learning about what’s going down, there’s a reddit thread about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/7sa25p/after_15_years_eve_online_is_having_its_first/?st=jcrwmvqz&sh=4cfd90ad

The last battle that even came close to this was three years ago when some dude accidentally warped into enemy territory. The other coalition thought he meant to attack so they started firing on him. The dude put out a distress signal to his coalition and they all warped to him and just like that a gigantic battle took place that ultimately destroyed about $300,000 worth of stuff.

Today’s battle is planned though, so it should be interesting. According to the guy that wrote the reddit post, it’s extremely likely both side with just stare at each other for a long time and stand down after a while not wanting to risk the massive fleets they’ve built.

tl;dr - I’m a nerd and this is awesome.

I’ve only heard about the scams and schemes in that game, its incredible.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Scams_in_EVE_Online

https://kotaku.com/how-eve-players-pulled-off-the-biggest-betrayal-in-its-1806168400

That’s ridiculous to me. One dude being in a position where he could fuck over 4,000 others and he does it for the hell of it.

So kind of like this scene:Image result for KINGDOM OF HEAVEN BATTLE SCENE

But anyway, it’s hard to think they’ll just do nothing, because one of those guys is sure to pull a Leeroy Jenkins. I know I would.

i want to play a video game so i dont have to care about things - i couldnt imagine playing a video game where i value the stuff so much i wouldnt battle. i clearly just do not get this game

I’ve read these stories over the years and its exactly what I’d love to be a part of. However knowing myself I would be irredeemably addicted and RL would suffer, so I stay out.

If it does go down and everything gets destroyed, I hope it will be remembered as Eve: Ragnarok

This game needs a Leeroy Jenkins. STL quit wasting time modding this forum… you have a greater calling. My time allotment and overall cheapness allows me to only play 1 game at a time which I do for like 6 months before realizing I suck and it is time to move on. Currently trying to pick up a chicken dinner on PUBG and failing miserably every time I hit the top 5-10.

We have an AF squad. Hit me up if you want to join in.

I came real close to getting EVE after the battle in 2014. Just a click away. Then I remembered I have a family that would almost certainly leave me if I started talking about how I can’t go to my kid’s basketball game because I have to defend my Titan level spacecraft.

I did pick up PUBG for XboxOne a couple weeks ago. Pretty awesome for a pre-release game. Only made it to the top 3 once and then the pizza guy showed up at my door. Tried to hide but got killed. No chicken dinner but the pizza was pretty good.

I’m a console pleb. Do you guys play PC or Xbox?

I play it casually but I still suck.

It’s currently F2P, with limited skills. Give it a try yourself. But I must warn you guys that there is a steep learning curve.

Ah, we’re all on PC. We’ve picked up a few AF chicken dinners so far but could use a deeper bench.

Console players, unite!

My work laptop is a POS and I’m a cheap bastard otherwise I would definitely be tempted to run it. I played it on my buddy’s MSI gaming setup and liked the mouse keyboard functionality a lot. The PC competition is pretty fierce though.

Hit me up on xbox pubg sometime. I’m not nerd enough to hang with pc players. Console is too advanced for me as is

im a pc. we currently have 4 afers. i definitely suck the most. i try to stop myself for pulling a leeroy jenkins, but the call to arms is sometimes too much.

Xbox version is still super beta. It usually crashes somewhere around 30 players left when im in the middle of driving to escape the blue or some extremely inopportune time. One time I loaded back in to my corpse getting teabagged.

a lot of fun to play with AF squad! Def no to EVE. I was Everquest junky - no more. Even Dota2 time commitment is a lot.

nerds is our getaway driver, comp sci is the kit man/bullet magnet, matt (don’t even know his AF tag lol) is the jack of all trades and I am the point man, and chicken dinner is our b*tch

I was a runescape, diablo 2, and diablo 3 junky… I have an xbox and a ps4, but don’t get to play it much (twice a month) because my girlfriend complains that I don’t give her enough attention when I play.

Sounds titillating.

Image result for warcraft south park