Scotch Walking Tours

I’m looking into one of these tours where you walk around Scotland stopping at distilleries and staying at hotels with your baggage transported from destination to destination. Has anyone ever done something like this or know about them? Any recommendations?

You walk around Scotland? Is that because you are perpetually tipsy from tasting and can’t drive??

Sounds like the countryside urination tour.

These dudes swam the whole way AROUND ISLAY and collected whiskey from every distillery in a barrel they towed with them! Badass!

https://greatislayswim.com/ Let us know if you find a neat tour. I would love to do something like that… and maybe do a more humble open water swim :wink:

I’ll just put on my New Balance 623s and toddle around, thank you very much. :wink:

Ehh… It’s whiskey, not beer

Och aye, lass!!! :+1:

It’s not whiskey, lassie!

It’s _ whisky _!

Heathen!

I’d rather go from distillery to distillery on horseback; the Scottish countryside is gorgeous.

Image result for gangster clap gif

Hmm… I see it spelled both ways. But pardon my Russian female whisky non-drinker (alright occasional drinker) ignorance:)

I mean, I’d rather do it on a dragon but the logistics are just impossible. I haven’t been to Scotland since I was a teenager…when I shamefully ordered port with a meal at a restaurant in Edinburgh.

I found the below which looks interesting. I feel that I should probably follow a well worn path, as I’m not familiar with the terrain, will have my wife with me and don’t want to end up sleeping under a bridge.

https://www.macsadventure.com/us/walking-tours/theme/whisky-walking-scotland

“Whiskey” is American or Irish.

“Whisky” is the preferred spelling in the rest of the world. In particular, in Scotland.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!! :+1: :heart:

Just for a larff, I picked “Strenuous” on the activity level. Nothing showed up. :stuck_out_tongue: :+1:

Thanks, good to know. Less chance for my Scottish boyfriend to make fun of me! (…Ehh, who am I kidding?)

A couple I know is in Scotland right now and going for a Dalwhinnie tour!!! Sooooo jealous!!! :sob:

I can honestly say I’ve never heard of anyone doing a walking tour like this around distilleries but it sounds like a great idea. Probably speyside is your best bet for lots of distilleries in a concentrated area

You could also walk around Islay and hit all 8 distilleries in a couple of days. For me, Islay is the place to go if you’re a whisky lover. Even if you’re not a peat heed or a fan of Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Ardbeg etc there are lots of other medium or non peated options on the island. My personal favourite is Bowmore which is only very lightly peated. Bruichladdich and Bunnahabhain aren’t peated.

All 8 distilleries on the island are different and worth visiting. Bowmore was my favourite tour and I’ve done a fair few distillery tours over the years. I just love the white distilleries plopped on the coastline of Islay and it’s cool to see a malting floor. I challenge any man to be able to walk in a straight line after a tasting at Bruichladdich. Bunnahabhain is probably the most picturesque location. Kilchoman is also cool, they’re doing some great whisky despite only opening in 2005.

Okay, I got this thing planned. After I do some stumbling around the countryside drinking whisky, I have two days with nothing planned as yet. These two days start from Craigellachie and I’ll have a car. I’m flying out of Inverness. What do?

Anybody know of any good walking tours around NYC they would recommend?

Just do what I do …follow ohai around after work and on weekends