Hands down the best part of going on business trips

Is the food.

100% serious. It’s like for those three and a half days, I am not confined by my budgetary and culinary constraints of coming home from work and cooking two boxes of kraft Mac-and-cheese and drinking my wannabe Safeway brand la croix.

No sir. For those three days I’m ordering a beer at dinner, and the avocado toast for breakfast on the corporate card… and it’s all OKAY. There is even free breakfast at this hotel, equipped with a made to order omelette bar. I don’t know what I’ll eat tomorrow, but I know I’ll be living the life.

I fall asleep happy tonight.

I just barfed at avocado toast for breakfast

If they have smoked salmon in the breakfast buffet, load up!!! :heart: :+1:

Omelet bar, the luxury.

ha, yes it is nice. I’ve had bosses that never ate at restaurants because they spent so much time in them for work

haha yea! but it kind of sucks being alone on business trips. i found myself calling parents and friends more due to loneliness. but 1 time i was staying at pechanga and this random thot from my hs came to to visit to hash out her problems with her bf. it was an awesome week!

I’ve come to the point where there’s really not much “fun” about business trips. It’s just going to work in a different city. Sure, there are some clients I enjoy hanging out with more than others, but it really doesn’t matter if I’m staying at the Phoenician or a Courtyard Marriott. Not like I have time to hit up the spa. And I don’t really eat any differently on the road either. Plus airports. Airports suck.

When single it is a great time to hook up. I used to have fun with this and that was pre-tinder. I can only imagine what it is like now.

When married it is great to have some me time away from the family. I have at least three extra hours in my day and take full advantage. However, this is for someone that travels on a plane relatively infrequently compared to sales people like STL.

If I was Nery’s wife or gf, no way I’d trust him on any business trip. Probably she’ll show up unexpectedly at any time to check and say hi.

The last time I was teaching in Zürich the hotel at which I was staying had a breakfast buffet that had smoked salmon and caperberries.

There might have been other stuff, too. I don’t recall.

I have never heard of a caper berry until now.

See? Even autocorrect has never heard of it.

the sales life is just so new to me - so this is a new experience. By that I mean the experience of having a full gourmet meal prepared three times a day.

Which is amazing.

Ease back when the muffin top starts!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Capers on the left, caperberries on the right. Capers have a nice briney taste!! :+1:

Lol as long as there is bacon and sausage and perhaps a fruit and some yogurt. I am pretty kosher! When I travel somewhere I usually stop by wal mart and get a bunch of microwaveable, fruits, and some water that’ll last me for a week. I ask for a fridge and a microwave and I use it for snacks throughout the day. My per diem for food was 65 per day but sometimes I just go hermit status and I just played a lot of video games and read a lot of books.

microwaveable fruits?

^ I hear ya!!! I love getting a hotel brekkie in the morning! Many a time, I also get some healthy snacks and water for the room when I’m not in the mood for restaurant food: gets a little rich and overwhelming at times.

You get used to it very quickly and then you are just too tired/lazy to come out of hotel room at night

This

I veer between not minding being on the road and absolutely hating it. It also took me quite a few years to not associate work travel with eating unhealthily and drinking lots just to pass the time.

I do enjoy the solitude of it though. A few weeks ago I was in Boston and doing a meeting the next day on my own so my colleagues had flown back. I did a workout in the hotel gym, had a nice meal in the North End, went back to my hotel and did proper fuck all but watch a movie. Slept 8 hours, got up, had a nice hotel breakfast, did the 1 hour meeting and then flew back and went straight home. Outside of the 1 hour meeting I barely spoke for 20 or so hours and I didn’t have a constant queue of people asking me 101 questions or trying to lock me down to future plans. it was very peaceful.