I’m triggered right now

Come on America. Quit being so lazy. I’m trying to get home from the airport and all these idiots have to stand in the middle of the escalator preventing the rest of us who wont lose our breath going up 15 stairs can get on with our days.

Either stand to the side of the steps, or walk up them. It’s that simple. The best part was we were actually going DOWN the escalator, and still, nothing but slack jawed fat slobs standing RIGHT IN THE FUCKING MIDDLE…

Just got to say excuse me and push through on the left side.

OMG…OP…I’M SO WITH YOU! :neutral_face:

excuse me, dragon energy coming through.

Did you at least eat well on the road???

Is this a humblebrag that you are flying again? Forget the escalators, save your anger for these bizarros who don’t walk on travelators. That’s some serious sloth.

Aren’t you going to just go wait an hour in another queue anyway?

well, not exactly. This is America, so I’d be standing in a line - not a “queue”.

Unfortunately, obesity is such on rise, it is hard to “squeeze by”. Plug for public freakout of lady in the middle seat surrounded by obese occupants in the window and aisle seat :p.

ohai is an asian. possibly an indian. he seems like the self hating kind

I don’t get what that has to do with this topic.

Why wouldn’t you take the stairs right next to the escalator? Tactically, by selecting the escalator option you’ve engaged the slots in their home turf which gives you a positional disadvantage if they refuse to yield. Beyond a certain relative velocity equilibrium point associated with the inertial bodymass density on the escalator, you need to sacrifice the small incremental mechanical speed gain from the escalator by choosing the adjacent staircase.

After landing at DIA (Denver Int’l Airport) there’s no option to take the stairs to baggage claim. It’s escalator or escalator.

[video:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1HNvuJXj04Y]

Arriving at Denver Airport:

• Deplane and walk a ways to a tram
  • Take tram with unnecessarily violent acceleration and braking, don’t fall over
  • Get off tram, enter the Thunderdome, and win a spot on the escalator
  • Retrieve Uber from unintuitive location
  • (Optional) Take Uber to local dispensary

This is why London has a strict stand to the right walk to the left rule that is strictly enforced by sighs, tuts, light digs in the back and, if all else avoidable, talking to said stranger with a curt yet still polite ‘excuse me’

It was exactly at this point that I snapped and made a thread on analystforum.

So true. Except on Oxford Street, where all bets are off and apparently you can walk however you please also known as emerging markets style.

I love my 'Merica. But y’all over there really are living in the year 3000 with that stand to the side sht.