Any one down for drinks Friday evening in NYC?

I will be in NYC for the Experiments in Conversation event with Sam Harris and Daniel Kahneman. (So excited!).  Taking the train home so I can afford a few drinks afterwink.

"But I don't think of you"..... Howard Roark

Yea I’ll be there if you give me the right address this time. 

Charlie Work wrote:

come to Denver - I’ll even buy you your first few drinks.

#nohomo

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

Thanks for the invite, but I’m far away.  I miss Manhattan!!!! crying

“Mmmmmm, something…” - H. Simpson

Charlie Work wrote:

Wait, at the last NYC meet up KMD gave Turd a duff address? That’s brilliant

CEO10K-DAY wrote:

Charlie Work wrote:

come to Denver - I’ll even buy you your first few drinks.

#nohomo

lol that people still use no homo

Griingo wrote:

Charlie Work wrote:

Omg… *eyeroll*….no.  He either chickened out or never intended to come in the first place.  ACE showed up with no problem.

KMeriwetherD wrote:

Griingo wrote:

Charlie Work wrote:

Omg… *eyeroll*….no.  He either chickened out or never intended to come in the first place.  ACE showed up with no problem.

Ok here’s what happened.  I was walking in when I saw only you and ACE sitting there.  Since you were the only two there, I didn’t want to be the awkward 3rd wheel; you guys looked like you were having a nice time.  I didn’t want to ruin your night. I pretended I wasn’t looking for you and went to the restroom, then left.

I drove back home the 2 1/2 hours alone.  I did stop at D’Angelo’s and got a #9 which was pretty good.  So all in all not a totally bad night. 

Charlie Work wrote:

KMeriwetherD wrote:

Griingo wrote:

Charlie Work wrote:

Ok here’s what happened.  I was walking in when I saw only you and ACE sitting there.  Since you were the only two there, I didn’t want to be the awkward 3rd wheel; you guys looked like you were having a nice time.  I didn’t want to ruin your night. I pretended I wasn’t looking for you and went to the restroom, then left.

I drove back home the 2 1/2 hours alone.  I did stop at D’Angelo’s and got a #9 which was pretty good.  So all in all not a totally bad night. 

prove it….. what did we look like?

ACE looked like a typical ****boy.  I think he had a spray tan.  Only thing I remember about KMD is she looked good in her red pants.

EDIT: ACE you know I’m just messin w you and love ya kid. I’m just jelly of your sick calf muscles. 

Charlie Work wrote:

ACE looked like a typical f*ckboy.  I think he had a spay tan.  Only thing I remember about KMD is she looked good in her red pants.

In the public post about the meetup I said I would be wearing red pants, so that does not count.  ACE had a distinctive look with many specifics you could mention but did not.

KMeriwetherD wrote:

Charlie Work wrote:

ACE looked like a typical f*ckboy.  I think he had a spay tan.  Only thing I remember about KMD is she looked good in her red pants.

In the public post about the meetup I said I would be wearing red pants, so that does not count.  ACE had a distinctive look with many specifics you could mention but did not.

You think I have time to pour through old posts?  I’m trying to run a business here!  And I don’t think one could come up with a more dead-on description of ACE.  Believe me I saved you from a bad night.  The conversation would have devolved into questions of the nature of existence.  I’m incapable of having normal fun, so that’s why i don’t interact with people in social settings.  I realized that walking up to you guys and decided to spare you.

alright, alright!…..I don’t think you would have been an interruption though.  We both wanted to meet you and probably would have been disappointed if you talked about “normal stuff”wink

Charlie Work wrote:

I drove back home the 2 1/2 hours alone. 

Bro… That is not a BSD move. 

KMeriwetherD wrote:

alright, alright!…..I don’t think you would have been an interruption though.  We both wanted to meet you and probably would have been disappointed if you talked about “normal stuff”wink

gotcha laugh.

seriously though, I think we’d have fun.  I can be normal.  too far though.  If I was in the race, sure I’d have dropped in.  Enjoy your meet up and tell ACE not to get any on him.

Charlie Work wrote:

KMeriwetherD wrote:

Charlie Work wrote:

You think I have time to pour through old posts?  I’m trying to run a business here!  And I don’t think one could come up with a more dead-on description of ACE.  Believe me I saved you from a bad night.  The conversation would have devolved into questions of the nature of existence.  I’m incapable of having normal fun, so that’s why i don’t interact with people in social settings.  I realized that walking up to you guys and decided to spare you.

could you elaborate on nature of existence? right now all i can think about is making babies

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Nerdyblop wrote:

Charlie Work wrote:

KMeriwetherD wrote:

Charlie Work wrote:

could you elaborate on nature of existence? right now all i can think about is making babies

you gotta buy me a shot first……..wheat grass.

Charlie Work wrote:

you gotta buy me a shot first……..of wheat grass.

#eat-like-a-cow #woke-like-a-cow

The ladies love us when we pour shots!

they need an excuse to suck our shots!!!

haha sorry guys I’m sick very sick!!! I took an Advil to ease the pain.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

“Mmmmmm, something…” - H. Simpson

breadmaker wrote:

Mexican grandma is in all of us, and all of us are in all of her.

I wouldn’t mind meeting KMD. Potentially prove the population of women on AF is n > 1. The divier the bar the better.

Will Sam Harris’s convo be released on his podcast? 

whatsyourgovt wrote:

Will Sam Harris’s convo be released on his podcast? 

Im not sure.  He did some other events in this series with Eric Weinstein and those have not been posted yet (and I am a subscriber so I see everything)  This is the last one…. so we will see.

Is it happening today?

comp_sci_kid wrote:

Is it happening today?

Yes… beacon theater….. but its sold out

I’m already here pounding shots. Where is everyone?

Charlie Work wrote:

I’m already here pounding shots. Where is everyone?

come over to WFC

Hope you guys got a group pic. Then we can start working on sponsorship dollars. Once people know about our analyst club, we can eventually start pushing wine sales.

Nobody showed up. Got wasted in PJ Clarks myself

NYC meetup = EPIC.  Missed my 2am bus, took the 4am bus home in a snow storm.