getting rich kids into college

https://deadspin.com/here-are-all-the-incredible-details-from-the-college-ad-1833236579?utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow&fbclid=IwAR2uD8xCjCTZjvi15pEEse32nqTX53NDwMntEu0fJfWm7ybgrcsYStAVcaA

https://entertainment.theonion.com/usc-insists-lori-loughlin-s-daughter-was-admitted-solel-1833246244

LOS ANGELES—Following revelations about the actress’s alleged involvement in a college bribery scandal, University of Southern California officials told reporters Tuesday that Lori Loughlin’s daughter was admitted solely based on her socioeconomic background. “We certainly condemn bribery, but we would also like to acknowledge that USC student Olivia Jade earned her way here just like every other freshman: By having lucked into growing up in the right zip code,” said spokesperson Sara McLaren, explaining that the 19-year-old Bel Air native demonstrated that she was Trojan material by listing an elite all-girls private school with a nearly $40,000-per-year tuition on her Common Application. “Since our founding in 1880, applicants have been assessed purely on strength of social class, and Olivia’s name jumped right off the page. From extracurriculars that are exclusive to the top 1 percent, to college prep classes exclusive to the top 1 percent, to recommendation letters from other members of the top 1 percent, Olivia gained entrance to USC on her economic merit and her economic merit alone.” McLaren added that the YouTube personality also appealed to admissions officers by offering a diversity in perspective to her freshman class with her experiences of growing up a celebrity.

Reminds me of all these rich kids applying for extra time on their standardized exams. WTF is that, they’re timed aptitude challenges!

We elected the law and order candidate. This was not a platitude, this was a promise kept. Two tier society is over. All part of #TheGoldenAge.

Blessed are the meek:
for they shall inherit the earth.

less hot rich chicks getting into college isn’t exactly in line with my views on utility maximization though.

I mean I wouldn’t want me classmate to be a poor. Gross!

I can’t believe aunt Becky would be a part of something like this.

Another example of public goods captured by the elite. Bring forth the wealth tax democrats, stop arguing about who’s less anti-semitic, now’s your chance.

Some fun things I didn’t know:

1. Colleges have sailing teams? Must be for people majoring in country club etiquette.

2. Someone actually pays a middle-man to buy their way into USC? Really? Since I can remember it is called University of Spoiled Children…

all of your ideals can be achieved simply by enforcing the law. No need for crippling taxes. What the elite have captured since the beginning of time is government. We are undoing that, not creating more of it.

For each of these law breakers in the same income bracket, there are 999 applicants who entered the process without cheating. Why punish all 1000? If anyone should be sanctioned, it is the universities who failed to regulate this behavior and betrayed the public trust.

lol a black market for education. anyways typically these black markets occur because of a failed restrictive policy.

IMO, these univerisities should just price stupidity! for example, if you are dumb as bricks but are rich as fuck tryin to go to an elite isntitution then your tuition is 1million bucks, if ur dirt poor then you need to be super smart relative to other poor kids, but your tuition will be free subsidized by the retard. sure the smartest people wont be attending school, but the smartest people are not always the most useful. in most cases i value my rich friends over my smart friends. and school is not only a learning institution but a place to network as well!

That is what colleges essentially do already. If you write Yale a $5 million donation check a month before applications are due, you can bet that your kid’s file will go to the top of the pile. The same applies to children of famous or influential people. On the other hand, scholarships serve to lower the cost of college for smart or poor students.

LOL

Only fiance amirite?

That’s kinda happening already.

Yeah, the issue is the guy arranging this said it’s much cheaper this way than through the traditional institutional advancement (donation). So basically this is the poor rich man’s way of getting in. Turns out it’s cheaper to bribe coaches of hacksaw sports directly than the administration with a donation.

bro shes hot though! i mean if i didnt scoop her, another dude was gonna!

i always said i was a value investor!

anyways i think ur wife’s value is not rated based on her financial assets .

Nery, are you concerned about “exploding offers”, i.e. what if your wife eats a lot of junk food and expands after age 30? What do her older female relatives look like?

i mean everyone gets ugly but i think the roughest part is if your partner gets super ugly relative to you. and typically thats when a divorce happens.

also its impossible for her to get fat cuz i will get on her case. im not about that life.