Sign up  |  Log in

getting rich kids into college

"You want a quote? Haven’t I written enough already???"

RIP

https://entertainment.theonion.com/usc-insists-lori-loughlin-s-daughter-...

LOS ANGELES—Following revelations about the actress’s alleged involvement in a college bribery scandal, University of Southern California officials told reporters Tuesday that Lori Loughlin’s daughter was admitted solely based on her socioeconomic background. “We certainly condemn bribery, but we would also like to acknowledge that USC student Olivia Jade earned her way here just like every other freshman: By having lucked into growing up in the right zip code,” said spokesperson Sara McLaren, explaining that the 19-year-old Bel Air native demonstrated that she was Trojan material by listing an elite all-girls private school with a nearly $40,000-per-year tuition on her Common Application. “Since our founding in 1880, applicants have been assessed purely on strength of social class, and Olivia’s name jumped right off the page. From extracurriculars that are exclusive to the top 1 percent, to college prep classes exclusive to the top 1 percent, to recommendation letters from other members of the top 1 percent, Olivia gained entrance to USC on her economic merit and her economic merit alone.” McLaren added that the YouTube personality also appealed to admissions officers by offering a diversity in perspective to her freshman class with her experiences of growing up a celebrity.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Reminds me of all these rich kids applying for extra time on their standardized exams.  WTF is that, they’re timed aptitude challenges!

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

We elected the law and order candidate. This was not a platitude, this was a promise kept. Two tier society is over. All part of #TheGoldenAge. 

Blessed are the meek:
for they shall inherit the earth.

Charlie Work wrote:

We elected the law and order candidate. This was not a platitude, this was a promise kept. Two tier society is over. All part of #TheGoldenAge. 

Blessed are the meek:
for they shall inherit the earth.

less hot rich chicks getting into college isn’t exactly in line with my views on utility maximization though. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

I mean I wouldn’t want me classmate to  be a poor. Gross!

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

I can’t believe aunt Becky would be a part of something like this.

Another example of public goods captured by the elite. Bring forth the wealth tax democrats, stop arguing about who’s less anti-semitic, now’s your chance.

Some fun things I didn’t know:

1. Colleges have sailing teams?  Must be for people majoring in country club etiquette.

2. Someone actually pays a middle-man to buy their way into USC?  Really?  Since I can remember it is called University of Spoiled Children…

Malee wrote:

Another example of public goods captured by the elite. Bring forth the wealth tax democrats, stop arguing about who’s less anti-semitic, now’s your chance.

all of your ideals can be achieved simply by enforcing the law. No need for crippling taxes. What the elite have captured since the beginning of time is government. We are undoing that, not creating more of it. 

For each of these law breakers in the same income bracket, there are 999 applicants who entered the process without cheating. Why punish all 1000? If anyone should be sanctioned, it is the universities who failed to regulate this behavior and betrayed the public trust. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

lol a black market for education. anyways typically these black markets occur because of a failed restrictive policy.

IMO, these univerisities should just price stupidity! for example, if you are dumb as bricks but are rich as **** tryin to go to an elite isntitution then your tuition is 1million bucks, if ur dirt poor then you need to be super smart relative to other poor kids, but your tuition will be free subsidized by the retard. sure the smartest people wont be attending school, but the smartest people are not always the most useful. in most cases i value my rich friends over my smart friends. and school is not only a learning institution but a place to network as well!

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

That is what colleges essentially do already. If you write Yale a $5 million donation check a month before applications are due, you can bet that your kid’s file will go to the top of the pile. The same applies to children of famous or influential people. On the other hand, scholarships serve to lower the cost of college for smart or poor students. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

Nerdyblop wrote:

I mean I wouldn’t want me classmate to  be a poor. Gross!

LOL

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

Nerdyblop wrote:

I mean I wouldn’t want me classmate to  be a poor. Gross!

Only fiance amirite?

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Nerdyblop wrote:

lol a black market for education. anyways typically these black markets occur because of a failed restrictive policy.

IMO, these univerisities should just price stupidity! for example, if you are dumb as bricks but are rich as **** tryin to go to an elite isntitution then your tuition is 1million bucks, if ur dirt poor then you need to be super smart relative to other poor kids, but your tuition will be free subsidized by the retard. sure the smartest people wont be attending school, but the smartest people are not always the most useful. in most cases i value my rich friends over my smart friends. and school is not only a learning institution but a place to network as well!

That’s kinda happening already. 

ohai wrote:

That is what colleges essentially do already. If you write Yale a $5 million donation check a month before applications are due, you can bet that your kid’s file will go to the top of the pile. The same applies to children of famous or influential people. On the other hand, scholarships serve to lower the cost of college for smart or poor students. 

Yeah, the issue is the guy arranging this said it’s much cheaper this way than through the traditional institutional advancement (donation).  So basically this is the poor rich man’s way of getting in.  Turns out it’s cheaper to bribe coaches of hacksaw sports directly than the administration with a donation.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Show down voted post Nerdyblop -5 points

bro shes hot though! i mean if i didnt scoop her, another dude was gonna!

i always said i was a value investor!

anyways i think ur wife’s value is not rated based on her financial assets .

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Nery, are you concerned about “exploding offers”, i.e. what if your wife eats a lot of junk food and expands after age 30? What do her older female relatives look like? 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

i mean everyone gets ugly but i think the roughest part is if your partner gets super ugly relative to you. and typically thats when a divorce happens.

also its impossible for her to get fat cuz i will get on her case. im not about that life.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Can’t believe the great institution of Standford would stand for this.

Oh no, you don't want to mess with a guy thats riding on a buffalo.

Were they involved?  Pretty sure they wouldn’t…

…Stand for dis

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Nerdyblop wrote:

i mean everyone gets ugly but i think the roughest part is if your partner gets super ugly relative to you. and typically thats when a divorce happens.

also its impossible for her to get fat cuz i will get on her case. im not about that life.

Nice! As any successfully married person would say, nagging and pressuring your wife when she gets fat is the key to a healthy relationship. 

“Visit the Water Cooler forum on Analyst Forum. It is the best forum.”
- Everyone

Ideally you may want to rework your vows a bit, no need giving her unnecessary ammo down the stretch.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

ohai wrote:

Nerdyblop wrote:

i mean everyone gets ugly but i think the roughest part is if your partner gets super ugly relative to you. and typically thats when a divorce happens.

also its impossible for her to get fat cuz i will get on her case. im not about that life.

Nice! As any successfully married person would say, nagging and pressuring your wife when she gets fat is the key to a healthy relationship. 

LOL. Honey, when I hug you, its like hugging a seal. Maybe we should go to the gym, and, you should eat less chocolate. 

Even more Gross: your comment.

I mean, who writes like that?

You aren’t a nerd, you are a gold digger.

lol sorry if i offended you. im being sarcastic!

well theres some element of truth.

in all honesty,

i think i am poor,

which makes me sad. 

so in truth i hate myself,

and so i aspire to be more

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

ohai wrote:

Nery, are you concerned about “exploding offers”, i.e. what if your wife eats a lot of junk food and expands after age 30? What do her older female relatives look like? 

But in all seriousness, after she pops out a few kids, its hard to loose the baby weight. Life starts to get in the way, and it can become more difficult to find the time to work out unless they are very disciplined (most are not) to use what little free time is available. 

Mike79 wrote:

ohai wrote:

Nery, are you concerned about “exploding offers”, i.e. what if your wife eats a lot of junk food and expands after age 30? What do her older female relatives look like? 

But in all seriousness, after she pops out a few kids, its hard to loose the baby weight. Life starts to get in the way, and it can become more difficult to find the time to work out unless they are very disciplined (most are not) to use what little free time is available. 

Having a solid home gym is a necessity in those situations.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

Black Swan wrote:

Mike79 wrote:

ohai wrote:

Nery, are you concerned about “exploding offers”, i.e. what if your wife eats a lot of junk food and expands after age 30? What do her older female relatives look like? 

But in all seriousness, after she pops out a few kids, its hard to loose the baby weight. Life starts to get in the way, and it can become more difficult to find the time to work out unless they are very disciplined (most are not) to use what little free time is available. 

Having a solid home gym is a necessity in those situations.

Ya, I was thinking of getting a bowflex or something like that. 

Mike79 wrote:

Black Swan wrote:

Mike79 wrote:

ohai wrote:

Nery, are you concerned about “exploding offers”, i.e. what if your wife eats a lot of junk food and expands after age 30? What do her older female relatives look like? 

But in all seriousness, after she pops out a few kids, its hard to loose the baby weight. Life starts to get in the way, and it can become more difficult to find the time to work out unless they are very disciplined (most are not) to use what little free time is available. 

Having a solid home gym is a necessity in those situations.

Ya, I was thinking of getting a bowflex or something like that. 

Peloton or hacksaw.

https://www.distractify.com/trending/2019/01/29/AZJzxYSGf/clue-heywood-p...

clue-heywood-peloton-1-1548779759629-1548779761728.png

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017