And to discriminate only generates hate! Should price discrimination be allowed for airlines? how bout for amazon? lets discuss!

Consider a person buying some food or a piece of clothing, should retailers, be allowed to sell a different price depending on the consumer.

$10 for the rich dude

$5 for the middle income

$1 for the low income.

Big arbitrage opportunity right there

How about pricing based on race and gender? There is an app for splitting the bill fairly but maybe they could just build it into the menu prices so that marginalized groups don’t have to pay as much as the privileged. Perhaps we can get AOC onboard to write up some legislation.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ybupRgffE]

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/finally-an-app-that-splits-the-bill-so-that-white-men-pay-more_n_56d06dfae4b0871f60eb1181

http://equitableapp.com/

apparently you get price discriminated when shopping online. prices are different when you look at it mobile vs desktop vs incognito. different people get different prices. ALTHOUGH many online companies claim they dont price discriminate based off your search history! lol

but price discrimination definitely exists, when you take out a loan, buy a car or a house, but i guess its ok to do that, but its not ok when you got online cos collecting info and tracking you. very confusing. so i was just curious how everyone felt about all this!

personally i think price discrimination should be ok. if ur not smart, you should get charged more!

For the video, what kind of commie bullshit is that?!

It’s taking a small idea and using it to justify a victim complex. Just like the war on christmas, or Trump being the ‘most persecuted president of all time’. It’s a 2 year old article.

I’ve gone on enough first dates/outings with friends, and nobody has every suggested an ‘equitable’ (like above) way to pay for the date. There’s little reason to post that outside of getting other people to agree with them that they’re discriminated against, because it’s a total BSD move.

Edit: It actually was created at this event: http://www.comedyhackday.org/ And who says Conservatives don’t get comedy!

This has already been discussed:

https://www.analystforum.com/forums/water-cooler/91338519

Agreed, same with the pink tax. If you don’t want to get targeted for spending more for the same things, don’t spend more for the same things. Companies price to men on cosmetic products because they know they are more price sensitive whereas women tend to focus more on product differentiation and thus open up perceived “value add margin”. If you don’t want to get targeted by discriminatory pricing, don’t pay it.

Nery, this is the motivation for grocery store coupons. Poor people will spend time clipping coupons and achieve lower prices. Rich people don’t want to spend time to count coupons, so they pay full price. Effectively, this is price discrimination as you mentioned.

Another example is education, as poor kids can be eligible for more discounts and scholarships than rich kids. Every person deserves the chance to excel at Trump University, regardless of income.

For normal retail stuff though, it does not seem practical to do this explicitly. Will you have to bring tax returns to Macy’s when you buy stuff?

What about price discrimination for hot people? If I sell clothing, I want people to look good in it, as this would improve my brand image. Therefore, I think I should offer a discount to attractive people. What do you think? Or offer junk food discounts to skinny people, because clearly those guys don’t buy enough, but maybe would if it was cheaper. These examples are good because no documentation is required other than “eyeball test”. Maybe tape measures.

again, i am for price discrimination. the old supple demand curve is weak.

back then cos had to set a fixed price to where supply meets demand because prices were not dynamic and people can easily see what the other guy is paying. but because cos can now personalize your shopping and can see how often you spend and what you spend, they can now set a different price depending on your willingness to pay and maximize profits!

now you couldnt do that in retail, but its actually different in clubs. they literally charge you based off your stats with complete disregard over how you feel. look at this poppin club in la for example.

if ur a hot skinny white chick, ur getting in for free. but if you arent then you’ll be forced to buy bottle service, or you’ll wait in a line where they’ll charge you 50 to 100 bucks, but very likely they wont let you in. It’s rough my dudes, but once your in, its pretty banging. most people assume ur rich. and chicks are more down because of the perceived wealth.

here are some comments: i actually went to the aspen one as well. it wasnt as lit, but they were less racist, prolly cuz everyone was white already.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/bootsy-bellows-west-hollywood

Can we start a movement to get this club closed down? Turning girls away due to “being too fat!” Should be illegal!!! Anyone supporting this place is an asshole and a typical LA wanna be

COMPLETELY RACIST & CLASSIST. Don’t waste your time. How are you a club in WeHo, but you don’t let gay, black men in? I watched the power hungry bouncers and promoters out front embarrass a group of Indian/Eritrean friends for no reason. You can tell the bouncers and promoters out front live empty lives and club nights are the only time they feel important or powerful. lol, sad. Don’t go here. There are plenty of fun clubs, bars and lounges in WeHo and other parts of Hollywood and Los Angeles.

Was very excited to be going here on a Saturday night. Only to be told that my group of chocolate women and I weren’t going to be getting in because our white skin to light skin to dark skin ratio was off and in order for us to be granted entry we needed to look like video chicks. Sorry but no thanks. Picking women out of the club line because of what they look like or how light their skin is is pure discrimination. Adding insult to injury, the promoter who invited us was a black man. Its his job though, he gets paid to bring in bodies and we weren’t the bodies that they were looking for. Sucks it had to end up that way, I’m sure it’s a great place if you’re white skin or light skin. Us darkies will just have to find another place to spend our green money. #blackbeautymatters

come to think of it, taxes is a form of price discrimination. only place where you have a very generous person paying for the majority of the whole bill himself while 80% are a bunch of free loaders.

Tinder is a king of price discrimination and they’re not really trying to hide it either. Subscription price depends on a) device used to create account (iOS users pay a higher price than Android users) b) location ( NYC users pay more than the fellas down in Mogadishu) c) education level (if available on facebook). They’re most likely working on creating an algo to calculate your level of thirst as well so that will probably be incorporated into the pricing equation soon.

Big Pharma’s dream come true! Fat millionaires with type 2 diabetes will turn into one hell of a cash cow!

Ahead of the curve Nerdy, WSJ just picked up this topic.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-and-online-retailers-privacy-and-pricing-discrimination-raises-debate