The Notre Dame de Paris thread

I’m not a real “art” or “culture” kind of guy, and I’ve never been to Paris.

How big of a loss is this to humanity? Some people are acting like it’s the end of the world as we know it.

Having found sanctuary in the Notre Dame Cathedral for over 500 years, the murderous hunchback, Quasimodo, has finally been brought to justice.

either they are try hards or they are weird! some people are just lame af

Nerdy, are all the thots on your social media crying over this too? Why they like Paris so much is what I want to know

How do you quantify cultural loss? I guess this is not as important as pyramids or great wall, but maybe comparable to say Buckingham Palace. It’s also a big punch to snooty Parisian residents, as the cathedral is literally the center of Paris.

Actually, yesterday, some girl I had on Facebook posted a reasonably long comment about all the “memories she made” in Notre Dame during that one time she visited Paris.

With that being said, the building actually seems to have held up pretty well, even if the roof, spire, and probably lots of relics have been destroyed.

It’s going to hurt their chances at a Cultural Victory, that’s for sure. But, they still have several Wonders and their tourism output is among the highest of the remaining players. Their biggest threat comes from Saladin claiming a Religious Victory. It’ll take 10 turns to repair the Notre Dame. If they can hold off Saladin’s religious advances until then, they may still come out on top.

Image result for facepalm gif

haha dude ur a civ player. last civ i played is civ 4. i own 5. but i havent gotten around to it. which do u play?

I’ve been to Paris and stopped into Notre Dame. While I do like culture, old buildings and architecture, etc., it’s not the end of the world for me. It’s gonna mean more time and money to rebuild. What would really anger me is if some “visionary”, “forward-looking” architect got his/her “modernist reinterpretation with a slight hint of whimsy and Cubism” stoopid bull**** design approved and built!

The idea of Griingo having to read through this is easily top 10 funniest mental images this year.

I’ve played them all since Civ 2 way back when. I still fire up Civ 6 on occasion. Mainly when stoned to the bejeesus.

which is the best civ? civ 2 advisors. so hilarious! the fem advisors was pretty hot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbITxO4RmO0

i played civ 2. its was pretty whack. civ 3 got better with the formation of armies. civ 4 explained a bit better. civ 5 made it so that you cant stack which made me sad. but i’ll try it out soon. whats the diff on civ 6?

I honestly can’t remember all the differences once you start factoring in the DLC and mods from Civ 4-6. They all kind of blend together.

I remember that they changed something in the battle algorithm, because earlier ones had some probability of a spearman destroying a battleship or something vastly superior. Also, Great Wall was really overpowered and got downgraded, because granary in all cities was killer early in the game.

It’s pretty bad. Many arts pieces are lost for good. But the building will get restored and in some cruel sense it might be better off now getting the financial help it would never see from the government

As the famous philospher of mind Turd would say, it all comes down to anicca and dukkha. Just this time it is being applied to a building

Nice signature, the US has had multiple carriers sunk before. Although last I checked, the country that did it is still irradiating and we were rescuing a country who’s greatest modern innovation is the General Tso’s Combo Platter from being rampantly cucked by the Japanese.

Edit: Monkey is deleted.

i think the world’s culture is best summarized by las vegas. if that place dies so does the world.

Americans, amiright6?

omg cosmo is getting sold by blackstone for 4b! sounds like a recession is coming.