Sign up  |  Log in

Malaysian man opens door of airplane for 'fresh air'

Apparently the Malaysian man is Chinese.

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

Malaysian-Chinese. A lot of Chinese ppl went to these countries on boats a long time ago but the natives don’t really get along with them. That’s why the Malays in  Malaysia expelled Singapore. That didn’t work out too well lol

that region. has the cheapesdt 5 star hotels. except singapore. that place is balling. all their cars are foreign

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Kiplinger wrote:
Malaysian-Chinese.

Nothing in that article suggests that he’s Malaysian.

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

Financial Exam Help 123: The place to get help for the CFA® exams
http://financialexamhelp123.com/

Nerdyblop wrote:

that region. has the cheapesdt 5 star hotels. except singapore. that place is balling. all their cars are foreign

Singapore is nuts. I was reading a Lee Kuan Yew autobiography the other day to understand how the hell they got so rich so fast and some of the stuff was crazy. The man was a genius.

Would we rather UAE or Singapore for 5 years though considering UAE is tax free? I think I would UAE, suck it up for 5 years and go retire in the tropics or Carribean or whereever

S2000magician wrote:

Kiplinger wrote:
Malaysian-Chinese.

Nothing in that article suggests that he’s Malaysian.

Come on, never let facts get in the way of a so-so story. 

"When what I'm doing isn't working, that's when I'll take your criticisms." -- Me, some time ago

Kiplinger wrote:

Nerdyblop wrote:

that region. has the cheapesdt 5 star hotels. except singapore. that place is balling. all their cars are foreign

Singapore is nuts. I was reading a Lee Kuan Yew autobiography the other day to understand how the hell they got so rich so fast and some of the stuff was crazy. The man was a genius.

Would we rather UAE or Singapore for 5 years though considering UAE is tax free? I think I would UAE, suck it up for 5 years and go retire in the tropics or Carribean or whereever

It’s an autobiography nerdy, autobiography.  Maybe get another perspective to balance things out. 

Malee wrote:

Kiplinger wrote:

Nerdyblop wrote:

that region. has the cheapesdt 5 star hotels. except singapore. that place is balling. all their cars are foreign

Singapore is nuts. I was reading a Lee Kuan Yew autobiography the other day to understand how the hell they got so rich so fast and some of the stuff was crazy. The man was a genius.

Would we rather UAE or Singapore for 5 years though considering UAE is tax free? I think I would UAE, suck it up for 5 years and go retire in the tropics or Carribean or whereever

It’s an autobiography nerdy, autobiography.  Maybe get another perspective to balance things out. 

Lol, he did get kicked in the bum by former Korean prime minister Kim-Dae Jung when he tried to argue that Confucian values were not compatible with democracy only for Kim to school him on the fact that history and culture were not destiny.

whoa i didnt say that. that was kipinlinger. but i have read a lot about singapore and lee. he is a sharp as they come. with that said, there are a few other great countries and leaders that stand out. you should really watch his interviews. just looking at events though, i feel he a lot more ruthless than he shows.

deng set up china to become a powerful capitalist force and reduced the retarded policies mao did.

park chung hee of south korea was a dictator that modernized south korea at the expense of human rights. he actually got his inspiration from philippines dictator ferdinand marcos. he was assasinated however, but many of his political opponents ewventually beame great leaders as well.

marcos actually just jacked the philippines. his close ties with the us allowed him to get prefrential treatment and obtain a ton of debt for his policies. he skimmed from the top and started a whole corruption culture that still exists today. surpisingly his offspring still hold political control. its amazing how forgiving filipinos are. most dictators as well as their families are often killed.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Kiplinger wrote:

Malaysian-Chinese. A lot of Chinese ppl went to these countries on boats a long time ago but the natives don’t really get along with them. That’s why the Malays in  Malaysia expelled Singapore. That didn’t work out too well lol

A people that sailed to a new land only to piss off the natives? I’ve heard this story before. 

S2000magician wrote:

Apparently the Malaysian man is Chinese.

Makes sense, even fresh air is controlled by government in red China. Hopefully this plucky protestor isn’t sent to the camps for trying to breath! Evolutionarily, planes are still pretty new so a lot of cultures don’t yet understand them.