Biden tanking?

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/458817-biden-tells-supporters-after-flub-im-not-going-nuts

"Biden tells supporters: ‘I’m not going nuts’ "

"Former Vice President Joe Biden told New Hampshire supporters that he was “not going nuts” after he momentarily forgot what building he was speaking at on Dartmouth College’s campus last week.

“I want to be clear, I’m not going nuts,” Biden said on Friday. “I’m not sure whether it was the medical school or where the hell I spoke. But it was on the campus.”

The former vice president’s clarification came before he mistakenly praised Vermont when asked about his impression of Keene, N.H., which is in close proximity to Vermont, on Saturday.

“I love this place. Look, what’s not to like about Vermont in terms of the beauty of it? And what a neat town. This is like a scenic, beautiful town. The mayor’s been a good guy. Everybody has been really friendly. I like Keene a lot,” Biden said."

I guess I didn’t have particularly high hopes to begin with…

he is more unstable than trump if thats possible

Please don’t feed the trolls.

On-topic, Biden has always made pretty funny gaffs not unlike W or Prince Philip. Those two comments in particular aren’t really that bad. It’s like when a band that’s been on a cross country tour mistakes being in one city for another. Give them a break. It’s their 50th city in 60 days, they’re doing copious amounts of hard drugs, and still doing their best for their fans. Just like Biden.

Biden is a joke, just like Obama!

1 Like

Can you Americans give me a summary of Biden? Love him, hate him?

All I heard of him is his pedophilic tendencies.

No, much like real life you’re completely inconsequential. And I’m not saying that to belittle you or as a some lame comeback to your attempts to troll. You really didn’t have any impact, at all, on the voting feature going away. Downvoting ohai, nery, and me while upvoting turd et al. was a complete waste of your time. If you don’t believe me, ask Chad. He doesn’t/didn’t care about WC vote manipulation.

I did notice you didn’t post much when we had the voting feature though. But when you did, your posts weren’t received very well.

I’m shocked that a troll such as yourself is so insecure. Blake would have eaten you for second breakfast.

Even though he’s supposedly a leading candidate – don’t believe it… Biden doesn’t have a chance (he’ll continue to implode). Warren will win the nomination.

^Agree with marathon guy

It seems like almost everyone over 40 that I talk to thinks ‘he’s the only one who can beat Trump’ I hope to god the left doesn’t try that strategy again, putting a center-right candidate didn’t work out so well last time.

Bernie wouldn’t have won either. Hillary was their best bet. Her campaign was poorly ran though. Very arrogant assuming they’d easily back certain states so she just never went. Trump did. That and a few Russian trolls and you get a Trump presidency.

Biden is - by far - the most likely candidate to win. Hell, I’d even consider him…okay, not really but close. Neither Sanders nor Warren would stand a chance. Once they start talking policy, specifically how they’d go about paying for their programs, they lose everyone on the right, center, and blue dogs. No way.

And there we goooo – Fiscal responsibility only applies to democrats.

Yes, Hillary lost to Trump, but Bernie would probably have been obliterated. Just because one approach didn’t work didn’t mean another randomly selected approach would have been more successful.

The problem was Hillary was not that she was a moderate, but it’s that she was a bad candidate. She is uncharismatic. She came across as self centered and self superior. She had basically no policy direction. Unfortunately, the failure of this awful candidate has been interpreted by Democrats as a failure of moderate politics. As a result, more centrist candidates have been shunned in the primary, other than Biden.

Biden does not have some of Hillary’s obvious weaknesses, but he’s still a dead fish and once again, promises no strong policy, which will hurt his chances to be nominated.

Disagree, Biden’s policy engages few, it’s just vanilla. He will get destroyed in the primaries by the extremities and identities of the left and if he survived, Trump would obliterate whatever was left. He’s similar to Hillary in that Hillary was basically a nondescript placeholder for people nostalgic about Bill with little charisma and Biden is the same but for Obama. Both seemed to sort of just be making up a platform to fill in the application for the job they wanted.

Warren on the other hand is actually building a semi reasonable platform, sure you don’t like it, you’re liberterian, no surprise there so your thoughts don’t really matter. Liberterians are irrelevant on the presidential trail anyways, they should stick to their wordpress blogs. But she has successfully defended a clearly defined platform that she organically developed in adverse environments and debates for decades. She will not crumple and can easily go toe to toe with Trump in a heated debate. Despite being diametrically opposed to Trump, her platform is very similar, both run on themes of populism and social discontent, both support disadvantaged economic classes through key areas of policy focus and both support tough stances on China trade. There are other obvious key differences, but the similarities are enough and authentic enough that there is voter mobility across the platforms.

I’m not saying Warrren over Trump is a given, but it is the most plausible and intriguing.

“they lose everyone on the right, center, and blue dogs. No way.”

STL is saying Warren or Bernie will be weaker than Biden among center voters. Furthermore, right side engagement will increase, as they will fear the passage of left side policies. Both of these are likely to be true.

The actual outcome probably depends on circumstances in 2020. If Trade War is not going well, for instance, voters will likely prefer a less risky candidate, and so on.

Christ, I can’t believe we’re on the same page.

BIden isn’t exciting, and will only get the people who would vote Dem no matter what. Both AOC and Trump were able to win because they got people that would have stayed at home. Trump is able to cultivate a dedicated following of those who felt marginalized, and got them out to vote. Obama got a ton of black (and young) people to register/vote for him, that otherwise would have stayed home.

Biden will probably win the popular vote, but almost every Dem would win the popular vote. Warren/Sanders/Anyone not named Joe Biden/Steyer are able to get people excited about voting. That’s what wins elections.

Play it from the other side and it’s 2016 and people are explaining why Trump will never be president.

I think AOC ultimately fails against Trump in major elections. Too inexperienced and policy still being fleshed out, reminds me of Gary Johnson, it was all cool and then it wasn’t. I know she has a lot of momentum but I wish she’d have waited a cycle or two and just gained a bit more experience. If you lose, that stigma stays with you.

I meant her against Crowley, not against Trump

Ah, nvm. Anyhow, I’m glad you finally came around to my side and now see eye to eye with me on all politics, Poops. This must be very exciting for you.