Sign up  |  Log in

Real estate broker is the best job

Watched whole season 6 of million dollar listing and just got to say real estate broker is the coolest  job, high up there along with chef,  truck driver in icy deserts  and tuna fisherman.  Regret going to school

Anyone on the same boat?

I’d rather be a manager of a Twin-Peaks if you ask me. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It be like that sometimes.

 is there potential for a reality tv show about it?

if you can sell. You get paid well. 

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Real estate agent is hands down a great job, I have two friends that left the HF world (from tangential analyst roles) to be agents like 4-5 years ago.  2009 really thinned the ranks and the housing recovery since has been nice, particularly if you’re in a hot market and present well with a good personality.  They spend their days out and about in the real world and outside, not staring at screens with a flexible lifestyle and no boss, pretty nice.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017

I don’t see how being a RE broker could be fun. You mostly talk to people who know very little about RE. Yeah, if youre good at selling, the money is good but the same can be said about any sales job. If my job was to sell something, i’d like to sell to customers who know a lot about the product that I’m selling. 

If you're the first out the door, that's not called panicking

Seems like a really tough gig, like most of the ones OP listed. Being a chef for example is really rough.

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

Nerdyblop wrote:

if you can sell. You get paid well. 

Yeah I think those people are experts at smooth coercion. It looks easy on the television, but many of them have in depth knowledge about the intricacies of high dollar listings to value them appropriately to push their prices and agenda. 

"A theory that you can't explain to a bartender is probably no damn good."
- Ernest Rutherford

Codtrawler87 wrote:

 i’d like to sell to customers who know a lot about the product that I’m selling. 

Seems like a luxury that is not always present in sales. Educating the customer about how the product will fulfill their wants or needs or desires is an important part of the sales dance. If you didn’t have to educate the customer that much, the product would basically sell itself and the sales role would be less important in that instance. 

"A theory that you can't explain to a bartender is probably no damn good."
- Ernest Rutherford

Codtrawler87 wrote:

I don’t see how being a RE broker could be fun. You mostly talk to people who know very little about RE. Yeah, if youre good at selling, the money is good but the same can be said about any sales job. If my job was to sell something, i’d like to sell to customers who know a lot about the product that I’m selling. 

Give commercial real estate a try. A good buddy of mine is one of the top commercial real estate guys in the country and pulls down a wild amount of money.

my buddy literally just sells mortages. and clocked 1m in total comp.

I love my cheese. I got to have my cheddar.

Hmmm tempting 

We’re gonna win so much, you may even get tired of winning. And you’ll say, 'Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.' And I’ll say, 'No, it isn’t!' We have to keep winning!

Black Swan wrote:

particularly if you’re in a hot market and present well with a good personality.  They spend their days out and about in the real world and outside, not staring at screens with a flexible lifestyle and no boss, pretty nice.

You described the whole tv show

Real estate market is the most inefficient market.

Most inefficient part of the market are the remote key holder lock things.  Seems every agent struggles with them.

#FreeCVM #FreeTurd #2007-2017