Breakfast suggestions

I gotta admit–I’m in the really bad habit of going to Whataburger every morning and getting a Sausgage, Egg & Cheese biscuit with hashbrowns and an OJ–all for the low, low price of $6.13. Assuming I eat everything (including the ketchup), then I figure I’ve used up about 1,050 calories.

I’m looking for an easy, on-the-go solution that costs a little less calorie-wise. Anybody have any suggestions? I was trying to find something that’ll keep me full (or at least not hungry) for about four hours or so.

That said, please don’t suggest anything that takes forever to make, or something that tastes terrible. Even if it does miracles for weight loss, if I have to spend 30 minutes cooking it, two minutes eating it, and 30 minutes cleaning it, I’m not doing to. If it tastes like a dog’s assho!e, I’m not eating it.

I looked a Clif bars, Luna bars, and some other miscellaneous stuff, but it looks like they will fill me up for about ten minutes before I’m hungry again.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Tanks.

Simple ingredients are best. So, think about yogurt, oatmeal and fruits. Those bars you suggested are better than 1000 calorie fast food breakfast, but are generally still full of sugar and other stuff that isn’t so good for you.

If oatmeal seems boring, add dried cherries/cranberries, slivered almonds, brown sugar, vanilla/almond extract, cinnamon/cloves/allspice/nutmeg.

Is there a Trader Joe’s near you? They have a great ginger/almond/cashew granola cereal. Throw in some yoghurt and you’re set.

If you want to feel “not hungry” while saving on calories, your best bet is going to be anything with a slow digesting protein like Casein. A lot of companies incorporate egg, whey, and casein protein into their products so that your body is actively breaking down protein into amino acids for long periods of time. I’ll be you don’t feel hungry if you gave this a shot.

Here is one that’s literally pre-bottled: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/abb/pure-pro-shake.html?skuId=ABB113

The one above has one tenth the amount of calories you’re consuming with your now every day breakfast. You can add in a bagel and some cream-cheese too, and some smoked salmon if you’re into that sort of thing, and you’ll probably be sitting at a 600’ish calorie breakfast.

My best recommendation is to make a shake. or buy pre made shakes. and then add in some carbs via a bagel. Or, tag team with your wife into making breakfast in the morning. It really does take like 5 minutes to fry an egg and some bacon.

I recommend this powder, and here is the product label info - which literally solves all your problems:

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/trutein-45-45-10-blend-of-whey-chocolate-peanut-butter-cup-4-lb-powder/bdn1000

PS: I actually do lift - so, this is my area.

Skip breakfast. it’s fast, zero calories, and zero dollars. If you have to eat something then go with high protein and a bit of healthy fat. Carbs = Crash. The little egg omelets at Starbucks are pretty damn good. Just don’t wash it down with one of their caffeine milkshake things.

Plain oatmeal is the worst!!! :broken_heart: :sob: :-1: You have to add something to give it taste and flavour, as suggested above. :+1: :heart: :slightly_smiling_face:

I also get raw almonds at the bulk store to eat as a snack during the day. And are you still keeping the candy by your desk??? You thought I forgot, didn’t you???

Mmmmmm… whataburger

Take some tortillas, fat free refried beans, low fat cheese, heat it all up and put some salsa on it. Beans can be filling.

if you coat the outside of the tortilla with olive oil you can toast it in a toaster oven or in a pan and it’ll crisp up nicely in quesadilla form

Curious what you have against fat so much? I’m talking about in a macro-nutrient context, not a tissue context.

Get a sous vide and drop a steak in an ice bath the night before. Wake up and eat steak #keto.

Also hard boiled eggs or eggs bites

Nothing against fat, just thought it be a good way to cut calories and assume the other 2 meals would cover it. I don’t ever eat fat free stuff or even count calories myself.

Image result for hungry man breakfast436 × 295

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj4BJSnjubc]

How to make a burrito in case anyone don’t know ha

Just prep whatever ingredients and you can make a burrito with them pretty quick every day. Instead of frying in the pan, like i mentioned, just brush with olive oil and throw it in a toaster oven, will brown nicely, no cleanup

Ya I feel you.

a mc sausage w/o egg is 1.19 in mcd. prolly the best value burger. everything else in mcd is overpriced. 5 bucks for a big mac. give me a break.

Build yourself something like this: https://www.stevespaleogoods.com/strongman-paleokit-p/pk-strongman.htm.

Or, just buy it. If you build your own you can also make your own jerky, which is kind of cool. Jerky takes a while to eat (chewy) and let’s your body signal that it is full before you are done eating, fat from the nuts keep you full and the dried fruit gives you a little sweet carb kick. Very convenient if you purchase or make your own and just stick 'em in the fridge/cupboard for a couple weeks (they keep a long time).

How’s your medical state? Triglycerides, blood glucose, cholesterol? If you’re insulin resistant, you’re always going to be hungry unless you overeat. Unfortunately the only cure is to eat less and lose weight, which is an difficult battle. You may have to accept that you’re going to be hungry.

I personally go with a 16/8 fast, skipping breakfast, and now I don’t really get hungry in the morning (unless I eat too late the previous night). It sucks for a few weeks, but once your body gets adjusted to it, you don’t really get hungry in the mornings.

If you need to eat in the morning, I’d try out something like a protein shake in the morning to see if you need the calories or something super high in fiber (cauliflower, melon, etc.) just to make you feel full until you get your nutrients later.

Whatever you do try out, the important thing is to stick with it for a few weeks. Your body is not going to like going from a nutrient dense breakfast of 1k calories in the morning to something healthy, you’re going to get hungry at first until your body adjusts. Gotta fight through the hunger for the first few weeks and realize its not starvation hunger but mental hunger, although it’s going to feel the same to you.

I’ve started to do this during the week. I guess technically I’m attempting intermittent fasting. I don’t eat breakfast or lunch, then have a nice dinner. After the first few days, I stopped getting hungry during the day and it’s actually pretty easy to do. Lost a few lbs too, so that’s cool.

tl;dr - Greenie, starve yourself.

Id rather see you eat a big ass mf’ing breakfast after a hard workout then starve yourself rather than eat the biggest meal before you go to bed.