08 elections - most important issue

(1) The economy (2) Energy policy

Eddie Deezen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > (1) Crying in a coffee shop about how hard it is > to run for President > > (2) Being “picked on” by the men during Saturday > night’s debate. Have you actually seen the “crying” clip? Please. The rampant Hilary-hate skeptics are the best part of this election.

I would say Tax Reform, stopping nationalized healthcare, and finishing the job in Iraq. As someone with a new baby and a wife I am very proud of our troops for protecting us and keeping terrorism less of an issue.

As someone without a wife and kids I am very proud of our troops and disgusted with our national leaders for putting them in harm’s way for political purposes.

I don’t see how having the troops abroad has kept terrorism less of an issue. 1. The economy/fiscal issues 2. Environment/Energy Policy jmerten Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would say Tax Reform, stopping nationalized > healthcare, and finishing the job in Iraq. As > someone with a new baby and a wife I am very proud > of our troops for protecting us and keeping > terrorism less of an issue.

I don’t see how having the troops abroad has kept terrorism less of an issue. That’s sad.

“As someone without a wife and kids I am very proud of our troops and disgusted with our national leaders for putting them in harm’s way for political purposes.” Politcal purposes? What would those be wise sage?

I’ll clarify, I don’t see how having troops in Iraq has kept terrorism less of an issue. If the argument is that there hasn’t been a domestic attack since we dispatched troops I could argue that the half dollar I’ve had in my pocket for the last 5 years is the reason for that. I hope I don’t lose it anytime soon… jmerten Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t see how having the troops abroad has kept > terrorism less of an issue. > > That’s sad.

jmerten Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “As someone without a wife and kids I am very > proud of our troops and disgusted with our > national leaders for putting them in harm’s way > for political purposes.” > > Politcal purposes? What would those be wise sage? Ensure popularity for the ruling party. Having a rallying cry for the current administration. Having some sort of response (because they were out of ideas) for 9/11, regardless of cause. Continuing this boondoggle to save face even after it was obvious the original pretenses for the war were bullsh1t. Making up for daddy’s failures. Just to name a few. Oh and don’t forget maintaining the ability (to this damn day!) to be able to insinuate that anyone who doesn’t support the war is unpatriotic. That’s a big one.

Jmerton what “job” is being finished in Iraq? Just curious what your thoughts are.

Fair enough HoldSideAnalyst, while I don’t share your sentiment I think that you atleast have some merit for how you feel.

doworkson, not sure really, might be a near-sighted viewpoint on my behalf but I feel like my family and I are safe here domestically. While hindsight is 20/20, and while I might never truly know our real intentions for Iraq, I atleast feel that we’ve made it known globally that there are consequences for you actions when you attack the US. I think it’s quite sad that we’ve lost a lot of troops for the cause but last time I check our military was voluntary so some of the troops are there because they feel it is the right thing to do. Obviously, a lot of things went wrong with the occupation of Iraq but pulling out now with the way that country in is completely reckless and unfair to their people after what we’ve done.

HoldSide, please do not tell me that you thought Hillary’s cry was authentic.

Eddie Deezen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > HoldSide, please do not tell me that you thought > Hillary’s cry was authentic. No, I thought it was barely “crying” at all. Totally blown out of proportion. And thought it might not seem like it from many of my posts, the last thing I’m going to do is vote for Hilary.

But that’s what turns so many people off about the Clintons, they WANT things like that to be totally blown out of proportion. Her “get tough” response to Edwards during the debate fell flat, so she instead played to her female base and turned on the waterworks (and yes, she was not actually crying, but the trembling voice accomplished what she was trying for.)

How about not going to war with Iran while we are still in Iraq/Afghanistan (or ever) That would be nice.

There’s clearly a huge group on this board (and around the country) for whom nothing Hilary does will matter. She could drop out and endorse Huckabee and people would still say she’s doing it for the attention. Here’s a quick fact: The very act of running for President of the USA is an arrogant, attention seeking act.

"While hindsight is 20/20, and while I might never truly know our real intentions for Iraq, I atleast feel that we’ve made it known globally that there are consequences for you actions when you attack the US. " …And what is the consequence if you attack the U.S.? That the U.S. will go attack a third uninvolved party? After all this time, I cannot believe that people still actually swallow the notion that attacking Iraq was in some way defending or lashing back at the people that attacked the US on 9/11. How uninformed can you be? In case you missed it: Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

what? Didnt Saddim plan 9-11? That’s what papa George said on my big giant flatscreen tv. He was standing in front of the hole Goncress.

what? Didnt Saddim plan 9-11? That’s what papa George said on my big giant flatscreen tv. He was standing in front of the hole Goncress.