1-10 scale of how badly you failed??

My colleague just told me he failed his level 1 and that he was in group 10 of 10. This means that he was really close to passing. So apparently, the CFA now has a scale from 1-10 of how badly you failed? 1 meaning you weren’t even close and 10 meaning you were really close. Has anyone else heard of this? Interesting…

Yes if you read prior posts, there are a few discussions of the “Failure Band.” It works exactly how you said it does in your post. If you’re in band 10, you are in the top 10% of failed candidates.

Can you be so kind to link me. How interesting, haha that kind of sucks. So if i am in group 1 of 10 that means im the the worst loser?? sad sad…

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,799888f Having this information is helpful. When I failed L1, I felt I was at least in band 8, but obviously there’s no way to confirm this unless you have this info disclosed ot you.

Thank you. No agreed, this is definitely more informative than just the plain old ranges of each section. But then again, I may be more pissed off if i found out i was in group 10.

Will they have a band for level 2 and 3?

it is new, i think it is a good idea.

I think they will or SHOULD have a band for level 2 and 3…doesnt make sense not to.

They might not. The idea behind the band is to help you decide whether to continue with the program. I could see them saying that if you have made it to level II then you should know by now. :frowning:

I know some people who got stuck on level 2 two times or so…i think seeing that you’re 10 of 10 would be good motivation for those people to continue?

I would agree. I am just saying I could see them using my argument as justification for not using the failure bands at level II and III.

if i get 10 of 10 I might go on a little trip down to Ray C Hunt drive and do some talkin

If I get 10 out of 10 can I carpool with you? I’ll bring the mace in case we’re not persuasive enough :stuck_out_tongue:

as long as you can drive while I shotgun my beer

seriously… what would be more devastating: 1 or 10???

10 by far.

of course a 10!! if you actually studied i think it would be very hard to get a 1 out of 10. If you studied hard and got a 1 out of 10…i would just drop out to be perfectly realistic.

If I get a 1/10, I know it would be due to a grading machine malfunction that the graders didn’t catch and I will ask for retab. Anything else other than a pass and I will be disappionted, but not totally surprised (but I really do have pretty good hopes of passing).

If you actually studied and got a 1 it would be much worse than a 10. Can you imagine putting everything you had into a test and finding out you scored worse than just about everybody there?

that should give you motivation to try other things, for instance, theatre, singing, dancing, arts, painting… biking, hair modelling… etc those are perfectly normal hobbies and occupation these days.